Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 149910 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »

This is totally nutz.......... looks like two dudes with a bad case of testosterone poisoning and/or bad judgement have gotten into a bid war.

With four days left to run the high bid was $ 972.00 on Sunday, 9/8/2013 @ 4:00pm CDST. Think of how many All-American Five Tube Superhets that kind of money could buy!

Hell, a person could buy a one way bus ticket from New Jersey to France for less than that and get a lifetime of pleasure from the experience.........  (I was going to say from New Jersey to Italy but that would be redundant)   Roll Eyes

In the immortal words of General McAuliffe, nuts !

BTW, here is a $2 yard sale rescue (Toshiba chassis). DOA. Complete chassis cleaning. 12 new caps. New battery case (had to do surgery because old battery case was nada.

Not a boatanchor, but she lives !

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:08:53 PM by N4NYY » Logged
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »

Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie...!

Lookee what followed me home tonight:

It'za fer' reel proffeshunil cee-bee raydidio with way more than nine transistors and it only cost $3.98 at one of my Fav-0-Rite thrift shops! Damn near dropped a brick in my skivvies when I saw it.  Shocked Just got home so I haven't fired it up but it's clean, shows no signs of life in the fast lane, and I can't wait to pop the top and clip the ALC diode. Then I'm going to shoot some skips on the 06 channel.

PS: Yer AM/FM radio is classic Mid-60's Japanese design and judging by the size of the ferrite rod should have some potential on the Ancient Mary side of the dial.  I always liked Toshiba goods.

But it damn sure ain't no Uny-Den!                                         

Never change a password on a Friday                
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »

That is a very good deal on that. And those are still better than any 2M/440 on the road, when you need help.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2013, 05:49:54 AM »

Put the juice to it late last night and the Cee-Bee is going to need a little more than a cleaning. TX works OK and sounds good but no RX on AM.

The audio section plays well on the FM WX sub-receiver, but on regular Charlie Brown it's absolutely silent. Like the squelch won't open. It also has an issue with the SWR bridge. Squeeze the mic and it pegs the meter with no effect from the CAL adjustment. But, with the switch in the RF position, the meter lines up with a midpoint mark on the meter face that looks like a calibration point. Could be as easy as one blown diode in the bridge circuit. As for the audio, the bad SWR bridge makes me wonder if the CB front end is zapped. Worst case scenario is that I have a NOAA WX receiver with classic Good Buddy appeal.

Not sure when I'll get a round tuit, but it is a pretty radio that's clean and doesn't appear to have been hacked. At the moment I suspect it's repairable.

In other news, also picked up a DTV converter box with remote for $6.98. Works like a hose............  Grin

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »

In stark contrast, here's an auction that got totally out of hand................

Long ago and far away in a place called "The 60's" Marantz built high end tube stereo gear right here in the USA which still command a cult-like following. By the early 70's SONY bought the name to build their American presence and introduced a line of solid state stereo receivers featuring Gyro-Touch tuning (essentially a weighted horizontal flywheel) which gave the front panel a unique look and added a luxury feel to the tuning mechanism. On the high end of their high end models, Marantz included a real-deal blue phosphor 'scope to display the FM detector envelope. Not only was this totally cool to watch, but the truly anal retentive could actually use the display to adjust for minimal multipath distortion. Think of this as a semi-justified extravagance for the non-Luddites among us.

As you can tell from this auction the coolness factor remains undiminished in some quarters. Perhaps among those who really, really, really wanted a Marantz receiver back in the day and have been lusting for many a decade since.

All I know is that some schmuck trotted this receiver down to their local Goodwill donation center and handed it over to Bobby Sue in exchange for a charitable tax deduction sheet.

Is this a great country or what?

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »

OMG. That dude has no clue. That is like those Pioneer SX chrome series.

BTW on the Uniden CB. Look for bad 10V electrolytics. Uniden chassis radio (Uniden, Cobra, Realistic) were notorious for have failed 10V cap failures. I ususally replace them with 25V, which today are physically smaller.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »

Now that we know what kind of scratch a Marantz 2500 can pull at auction, let's see what this dude can do...

Should go cheap 'cuz it's missing a toob.  Roll Eyes

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »

5UP,

You need a mint condition empty box? LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMC-8-Transistor-Radio-Box-Model-8TR-16-JAPAN-De-luxe-Baltimore-Hutzlers-/261288150056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd5fcc428

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

You know................ To the untrained eye in New Jersey an $85.00 'buy it now' listing for an empty cardboard box might seem a bit high.

But to the thoughtful and sophisticated among us it's obvious the value isn't in the box, it's in the legacy. The memory of what that box once held. The vestige of a day gone by when a radio not only entertained but enlightened and enhanced the life of its owner. A time when the truly great DJ's, musicians, and arrangers created the soundtrack of your life etched in indelible memories that a simple box can bring back to the lucky high bidder.

Can you put a price on that?   I say not......................

Like finely crafted bullsh!t, no matter the cost, you'll always get good value in return for an empty box.   Why do you think young children often prefer the box over the toy that came in it?

Roll Eyes                           

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2013, 02:24:08 AM »

Cats like cardboard boxes, too.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: September 23, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »

and to think 5UP had to burn his garage down to get rid of all those empty boxes, it was so packed...
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »

and to think 5UP had to burn his garage down to get rid of all those empty boxes, it was so packed...

You just got rid of a batch last week. And he could have gotten $85 per box!
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »

Vinnie needs a winter project..............

Bandscope adapter sold separately.  Sure, it's missing a knob, but you're missing a few brain cells and that hasn't slowed you down..........

And this week only... You, yes you... N4NYY... can become the only kid on your block to own a genuine Yeasu CB microphone!
(have you noticed that on eHam it's spelled Yeasu as often as Yaesu? Must be more people here from New Jersey than we suspected)

< click the pics for more >

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2013, 05:02:47 PM »

It's up to $176 !
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »

I'm amazed the Yeasu "CB" mic is currently over $50.00... Last time I looked a Shure 444 could be had for less.

Go Figure.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: