Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 152235 times)
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

"A year ago, when I saw [Christie] paling around with Barack Obama after hurricane Sandy, I was worried he was one of those 'fake conservatives' who secretly believe that the government can do things. But now I realize he's the kind of leader I can get behind---the kind who says,  'It's my way or I shut down your highway.' Christie is a true conservative! He's committed to proving the core conservative value that government is the problem, even if he has to create those problems himself. I can already see his 2016 bumper sticker: Christie --- Bringing America Together Or I Will F--- You Over."

---Stephen Colbert               

Never change a password on a Friday                
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

It's now spelled " YEASU "...     Didn't you read the memo?

A feller' could shoot some mighty fine skips with one o'these.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:37 AM »

It's now spelled " YEASU "...     Didn't you read the memo?

A feller' could shoot some mighty fine skips with one o'these.

I sold the National NC-100 Receiver to a ham collector in VA. I was not going to get to it any time soon. It is going to a good home. When I secured the coil for shipment, I noticed that there was an enormous amount of room to work freely. It would have been an easy restoration. The ham pointed that it was not a ham band receiver, but likely modded as an airport receiver with 200-400 KHz. I will use the money as I always do, to recycle other projects.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »

The NC-100 was definitely a high end piece back in the day and from what I see on the web should have preformed well. But, to my eye, the front panel esthetics were not on par with the technical sophistication behind that panel. Yeah, a true boatanker phanatic would say what's heard is far more important than what's seen, but if I can't connect to a piece on some emotional level it may be " a while " before it gets worked on. 10 tubes plus rectifier and magic eye. That would be a big step up for you. As for 200 KC to 400 KC reception, almost useless in the midwest unless someone is a beacon hunter. For all all know a long run of wire out back in your part of the world can snag LW broadcast signals from across the pond and that was the goal.

In other news, there's a nasty rumor floating around that last year you did a service call on the traffic lane change controller box for the George Washington bridge.

Any truth to that?

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »

In other news, there's a nasty rumor floating around that last year you did a service call on the traffic lane change controller box for the George Washington bridge.

Any truth to that?

Where do you think I got my radio parts?
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »

Good One !!

Nice to see you're still capable of catching a straight line and running with it.........

BTW: In case anyone is wondering, I've been nursing this thread along just to see how many views (visits) it can accumulate. This is called " incredibly boring nerdplay " and the first post was 11/1/11. Closing in on 81,000 as I type this and my goal is to pass 100k before the next anniversary which should be a piece o'cake. Best I can tell that's twice the number of the next most viewed threads which are at 37,000 hits or less.

Keep up the good work and remember what everyone in Ft Lee already knows: Anyone can tell the difference between New York and New Jersey.  Even with their eyes closed.

By the smell.    Kiss

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »

Good One !!

Nice to see you're still capable of catching a straight line and running with it.........

BTW: In case anyone is wondering, I've been nursing this thread along just to see how many views (visits) it can accumulate. This is called " incredibly boring nerdplay " and the first post was 11/1/11. Closing in on 81,000 as I type this and my goal is to pass 100k before the next anniversary which should be a piece o'cake. Best I can tell that's twice the number of the next most viewed threads which are at 37,000 hits or less.

Keep up the good work and remember what everyone in Ft Lee already knows: Anyone can tell the difference between New York and New Jersey.  Even with their eyes closed.

By the smell.    Kiss

BTW, I sold it to this guy http://www.kn4r.com/Home.html

Gave it a good home.

I am not sure why anyone beside you and I read this thread. It is totally useless.
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

Good One !!

Keep up the good work and remember what everyone in Ft Lee already knows: Anyone can tell the difference between New York and New Jersey.  Even with their eyes closed.

By the smell.    Kiss

BTW, I sold it to this guy http://www.kn4r.com/Home.html

Gave it a good home.

I am not sure why anyone beside you and I read this thread. It is totally useless.

I find it entertaining...and sometimes you or Nelson post some good links.

Rick  WN2C
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »

Thanks!  LOL

Before Nelson's help, I did not even know what a AA5 was. My ultimate goal is to get him back on the air, with an HW-101 or SB-102 !
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2014, 01:43:54 AM »

He'll need a SB200 or 220 or even an HA14 as well......
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »

don't confuse him, clean up a single-bander for 40
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2014, 07:27:37 PM »

It's a thread about nothing.

BTW:  Can I trust you to keep a secret?

Swear you won't tell anyone?

Not so much as peep?

About six feet behind me, on my right side, is a near-mint.............

( but overdue for a refurb )

That's right... The pride of Benton Harbor... A genuine Dee-Ex-Ten-Squared.

And just like a custom guitar amp in the movie Spinal Tap, the bandswitch goes to 11

Take a close look at the pic. Back then Charlie Brown didn't work no 11      Grin

KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »

nice clean panel, you can surely do the rest.

(if it was green, he'd already have thrown it out.)
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »

He'll just froze over
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2014, 08:32:18 AM »

the superiority of the Benton Harbor Way is impossible to resist.  that's why Heathkit is coming back.

((ducks))

he probably got it because there was no rust.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: