Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 151057 times)
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »

I think I was around 45 or so when I developed the need for reading glasses and it was a fairly quick transition... Only a matter of months. I can still read a newspaper without the glasses but it's better with them. Next time you're at the Goodwill store see if they have a display of $1.99 reading glasses like they do here.

Don't let it bother you, because every day that passes puts you 24 hours closer to the grave.

What does it matter compared to that?

Roll Eyes

Never change a password on a Friday                
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

I think I was around 45 or so when I developed the need for reading glasses and it was a fairly quick transition... Only a matter of months. I can still read a newspaper without the glasses but it's better with them. Next time you're at the Goodwill store see if they have a display of $1.99 reading glasses like they do here.

Don't let it bother you, because every day that passes puts you 24 hours closer to the grave.

What does it matter compared to that?

Roll Eyes

That is exactly the age I am, too. Already got the reading glasses.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2012, 04:43:32 AM »

Yeah, well slap on your reading glasses and check out the current bid on the Royal 755:   http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11342866

Looks like someone else figured out it's a quality piece in primo original condition.   Shocked

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2012, 05:14:31 AM »

That is too high. I can buy them way cheaper on ebay.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »

Woof!

Final bid came in at $40.99 plus S&H. Looks like those radios have something of a following among collectors..........  Shocked

I don't suspect a civilian would to go that high for an AM-only radio when FM is so much more useful. Here in the BubbaBelt the dominant AM format is now salsa (5), followed by right-wing propaganda (2), sports (1), urban (1) and C&W (1). FM is way more diverse.

Go Figure.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »

Way too much money on that radio. They go cheaper on ebay, and you can get a description. You don't get any functional description ob Goodwill. 
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 06:29:07 AM »

Someone would need to be a real schmendrick to buy this.... I wouldn't pick it up if it fell off the back of a truck.
Makes me think Astoria NY must be LoserVille. A place so lame that all the hams have FT-950's and G5RV's.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11485488

Here's the matching twin, there are two of them:  http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11485497

Boggles The Mind.  And least they had the good sense to donate it rather than listen to it.

BTW:  Here's Satan's little radio from the 50's... The GE model 666 --- http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11475248
Battery ONLY, no AC plug, see BeitMe Most Often 1956 pg 44 for more. Boogedy, boogedy, shoo...................................

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »

Wow! Astoria, NY has a web site..........

" Astoria is a true example of a melting pot. Its population is mainly made up of Greeks, but also has the influence of other cultures such as Asians, South Americans and Italians. Because of the Second World War, Astoria was initially made up of Italians. After 1965, Greek residents quickly started to inhabit Astoria. Traditional neighborhoods in the area include Dominican, Indian, Ecuadorian, Korean, Romanian, Chinese, Filipino, and Columbian immigrants. Many of them came to Astoria because this community offered a low cost of living. "

--- more ---

http://www.astoria.org/

Another web site tells me the reason why Astoria ended up with so many Greeks and New Jersey so many Italians is because Astoria got lucky.......   Grin

Quit laughing and click this:  http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11473805
Mid-60's version of the "S-120" line of Hallicrafter's 4 tube SW rcvr's. Possibly rare.

Lookit all those sweep tubes!  (maybe)   http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11502201

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »

Never heard of an S-2000
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »

It's a typo. Front of the radio says S-200.

I go thought all that and this is the best you can come back with? 

Tsk.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

It's a typo. Front of the radio says S-200.

I go thought all that and this is the best you can come back with? 

Tsk.

LOL!
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »

Dude:  Have you checked the auctions I listed for your amusement?

I'm the one laughing now, because NEITHER OF THE NYY GREATEST HITS CD's GOT A BID.
Nada. Zip. Bupkus.  Not so much as one skinny little dime.  Zilch, my friend, ZILCH!

Meanwhile........... Satan's little red radio is sitting at $30.59 with 15+ hours left in the auction.  Groove to that.

A big round zero for the Yankees, but the bids keep rollin' in for the MODEL 666 radio.

<bwahahahahaha!>

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2012, 04:35:29 AM »

I'm the one laughing now, because NEITHER OF THE NYY GREATEST HITS CD's GOT A BID.
Nada. Zip. Bupkus.  Not so much as one skinny little dime.  Zilch, my friend, ZILCH!

I already own both. LOL

BTW, the Panasonic tube radio I picked up was the model 740. Nice looking radio. I picked up that and the Johnson matchstic for $10. Help me find info on the Matchstick.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2012, 06:29:09 AM »

Did a fast search and came up empty on any free info for a matchstick, other than it appears to be part of an antenna system rather than a universal impedance conversion device like a Johnson Matchbox. What you need to know is how much wire or aluminum went with the box you have and that's going to cost you either $20 or $27..... Found only two places with anything on it and they were both pay-to-play.

If it were mine I'd open it up, take pictures, then reverse-engineer the schematic onto paper. Surf the web regarding common antenna matching types and see if that tells me how it may have been used.

Then, when you realize you have no clue, post another message on eHam and I'll tell you it's good for mixing paint..........

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »

Doesn't look like there is much to it.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: