Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo................ Vincenzo.......................  (Read 134364 times)
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2012, 02:00:38 AM »

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful, for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with less than nothing" !! .....quote from Harry Wadsworth Willis
Yo Vinnie, hang in there it can only get better (I hope)

73 de wn2c  Rick
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2012, 06:15:26 AM »

Looking at the projected path of the storm this morning it looks like Vinnie was very close to center slot of the groove... Dude has been lucky like that all week. Wind speeds show in the 20's or less, which to me is a calm day, rainfall was less than half an inch. Looks like the worst of the storm was along the coast and Sandy dissipated rapidly over land.

Good chance Vinnie is powerless today and wondering how long it will be before he can play with his Wi again. All I know is that New Jersey went from Garden State to Gurgle State yesterday but Vinnie didn't have to sleep with the fishies.

At least not yet.....................................   Tongue

Never change a password on a Friday                
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »

Vinnie and family came out unscathed, no damage, and have power, despite the storm path passing directly overhead, right thru my house. I do not know how I got so lucky.

Saying that, I know have a ton of friends without power, heat, water, etc. Generators with no gas. A couple of friends were on the water and their houses are likely destroyed. One of those friends I cannot get a hold of. My former hometown of Carteret is entirely without power. My old neighbors have been devastated. All those scenes from Katrina and other storms in the deep south, are now here live. Except the temps are supposed to be in the 40's tonight.

I am not in a joking mood.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »

Glad you're OK, Vinnie.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »

Yo........ Vinnie.......... Saw this advert and immediately thought of you as the right guy for the job!

Grin

KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

"must be able to distinguish colors."

insert red-wire or red-state joke here, your preference.

text REDCROSS to 90999 if you want to donate $10 to relief efforts out east.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »

Vinnie has been known to blow up old radios without trying, so I figured if he can do that with an All-American Five, imagine what he could accomplish with real ordnance! Red wire? Yellow wire? Who cares? It's almost break time.

As I've said before:  There is no issue so complex or difficult to master that it cannot be resolved by the proper use of high explosives...........  Tongue

W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

Does anyone have Vinnie's phone number?

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »

Ain't no thing to find it here....................

Then you can talk to one of these gents:  (Check the hats, Vinnie isn't the pretty one...!)

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »

Getting bad in my old neighborhood. Lack of gas is starting to turn violent at gas stations. Police presence is needed. I just lent my generator to a friend and sent her on her way with 9 gal of gas.

Staten Island is really bad, as bad as the Jersey Shore. But Mayor Bloomberg does not seem to think Staten Island exists.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »

of course he does, that's where the marathon starts, I am informed by the public prints.

they should make incredible time the first couple of miles at least, with all the villagers after them... .
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »

at this hour, it is now announced by Hizzoner that the NY Marathon will - NOT - be run in 2012.  too divisive.

got to admire public officials who only take one week to figure out you can't have an international showcase at ground zero of a catastrophe hundreds of miles wide.  most never even get it figured out by the time they are signing copies of their memoirs.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

at this hour, it is now announced by Hizzoner that the NY Marathon will - NOT - be run in 2012.  too divisive.

got to admire public officials who only take one week to figure out you can't have an international showcase at ground zero of a catastrophe hundreds of miles wide.  most never even get it figured out by the time they are signing copies of their memoirs.

They are idiots. Out of town runners with hotel reservations started to displace evacuees or people that became homeless. Some hotels would not evict victims in favor of runners.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:37 AM »

It should have been cancelled while the storm was still on when it became obvious that the damage is so great.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »

We have a national problem in that our pollutions are generally very wealthy and out of touch, and are funded by corporations and wealthy people. Most of the hot button claims they make that determine who we vote for are less than half true.

That's why we continue for 30-40 years with things that don't work for the middle class, reduce poverty, improve public health, or improve education.

When I voted, an issue that takes public funds and sends them to private schools, or even home schools, was worded "This amendment improves eduction in Georgia by allowing choice". What it really means is my tax money will be taken away from public schools to fund Joe Rich as he sends his kids to a $15,000 a year private school, or some religious school choice where science says the world is 3000 years old, or to some home schooler parent.

73 Tom
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: