Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC: "You must mark those qsos on your cards...  (Read 2651 times)
K3ZL

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

I got my cards sorted properly, but noticed this additional instruction: ""You must mark those qsos on your cards for which you wish credit".
I don't get this instruction.  I wish to get credit for every card that I am submitting.  So, what does that instruction mean, and how do they want the cards marked?
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »

If you have a card with multiple Q's on multiple bands/modes, attach a Post-It note indicating what bands/modes you want credit for. 

Frank, W1NK
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »

When I send cards to Newington, I fill out the DXCC
record sheet that is part of the DXCC application
filling in all contacts that I want credit for.
That way, there are NO POST-IT-NOTES to become
lost or mis-applied.
What I want is plainly delineated.
It takes a bit more time, but worth the effort.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

lost or mis-applied.

DXLab's DXCC Submission generator produces the "DXCC record sheet" automatically, but I've still had QSOs on multi-QSO QSL cards credited even though the don't appear on the submitted record sheet. Post-it notes on multi-QSO QSL cards reliably solve this problem.

Dave, AA6YQ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

Agreed with what was written earlier. If you have multiples Q's per card, you MUST make it clear which ones are to be entered in to your account. If you don't, they'll enter all of them and if you have any duplicates (say Italy on 20 that you had credited from another time), you'll be charged for that card again. Sort them in band order first, then mode order within the band (CW first, SSB second, digital last). If you have a card or cards with multiple QSOs -- say a DXpedition -- and you want all (or more than one) to count, THOSE cards go at the very back of the pile you're submitting. So it would be 10m CW, 10m SSB, 10m Digital, 12m CW, etc all the way to 160m Digital, then multiples.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »

lost or mis-applied.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I will record all on the tally sheet and make it clear that I want credit for all.  BTW,  I am sending 134 QSLs.  Hoping that I will get credit toward later endorsement applications.  Will that work?
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »

BTW,  I am sending 134 QSLs.  Hoping that I will get credit toward later endorsement applications.  Will that work?

Yes. If you think you'll ever be serious about a certain band or mode that you're not chasing at the present time, you may as well take the credit for that QSO now. The credits will sit there in perpetuity (and if it's a bandfill, it will count towards the DXCC Challenge, too). Even if it's only one QSO on one band it doesn't matter. I submit everything. It does make the application far more costly, however!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »

BTW,  I am sending 134 QSLs.  Hoping that I will get credit toward later endorsement applications.  Will that work?

Yes. If you think you'll ever be serious about a certain band or mode that you're not chasing at the present time, you may as well take the credit for that QSO now. The credits will sit there in perpetuity (and if it's a bandfill, it will count towards the DXCC Challenge, too). Even if it's only one QSO on one band it doesn't matter. I submit everything. It does make the application far more costly, however!

OK, sounds like good advice.  Been working on DXCC for many years, actually going back to 1964.   I am submitting some cards that are now deleted countries, but hoping they will count since I worked them when they were active.  Thanks for the info to all respondents.  73
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

Yes, deleted entities count for basic DXCC.
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »

I specifically called ARRL HQ recently with this question, and I was told to use the Post-It note trick. I did it and there were no problems.

paul
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

I specifically called ARRL HQ recently with this question, and I was told to use the Post-It note trick. I did it and there were no problems.

paul

Sounds like post it notes are the way to go.  BTW, great that you got through to them by phone.  Last week I put in numerous calls, all were answered by main switchboard, but never got through to Awards dept.  I suspect they are pretty busy.  Tnx for info. KC
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:19 AM »

BTW, great that you got through to them by phone.  Last week I put in numerous calls, all were answered by main switchboard, but never got through to Awards dept.  I suspect they are pretty busy. 

Maybe their LOTW is on a dial-up. Wink

paul
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »

How do you do partial QSL cards/LOTW credits for DXCC?

73 Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »

You do that with what's called a hybrid application. You first select all the LoTW hits you want to use. You complete the application and indicate that there will be physical cards as well as the LoTW hits, and you tell them where they will be checked (mailed to HQ, via a local checker, etc). You indicate the number of physical cards/QSOs that will be forthcoming. Once they get the cards or the check-sheet from the checker and processs it then both LoTW and physical card QSOs will count toward the same application.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: