Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQWW and key clicks  (Read 3245 times)
K0TF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »

I'd like you to name _one_ serious contest operator who uses MCW !

Contest logging software uses either:

a) "hard" CW keying, just on/off switching of a pin on an RS232, interface, and/or

b) WinKeyer interfaces.  

Either way, the rig is keyed just as though a straight key was plugged into the CW jack.

Contesters may have rigs that generate keyclicks -- but that problem isn't caused by MCW.

Charles

Dear Charles
I've been doing this stuff little bit longer than you do, so trust me...
As for naming... well, no finger-pointing. Its not my business. If you reread more carefully, you'll notice that MCW was named as one of the reasons. Have a sparkling day...

In defense of "appliance operators" - what is this inflated attitude that some of us have? If someone just loves ham radio and gets on the air to share their joy of the hobby then we have to listen to this crap about being appliance operators? Maybe that goes for toasters and washing machines, but does NOT apply to us hams. I've been a ham for decades and yes - never built anything. But I contribute to our ham world by being a caring and communicative operator. and I get my butt on the roof of my apartment building to string up all manner of antennas. AND... I sprung for the online test exam for my son in law, who is gung ho about becoming a ham. I've contributed my enthusiasm and passion for ham radio to whoever comes over here for dinner. So cut out this crap about putting down so called "appliance operators". If you give what I've given then maybe you can judge... Just shut up and be nice.
And FYI I don't use my computer to send code - just my set of Kent paddles and Idiom Press Keyer. I can copy 15 WPM in my head - no need for paper and pencil except beyond that speed.

Apparently you are a hypocrite, in one sentence you are crying about "...being a caring and communicative operator..." in other you telling people to shut-up, and braking short of profanity. Why don't you follow your own suggestion "...Just shut up and be nice..." If you look at the top it reads "CQ WW and key clicks" what that has to do with your "...passion for ham radio to whoever comes over here for dinner..." Contest is just little bit harder work-wise than polishing that plate at the dinner table. Have a sparkling day :-)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:39:01 PM by K0TF » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: