Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Mode Nets  (Read 4538 times)
K2CMH

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »

Does anyone know of any digital mode (pks31, FeldHell, Contestia, Olivia, Rtty, etc) nets that are currently active?  I'm not interested in the ares/races/emcomm type nets, but rather general purpose nets.

Thanks,
Carlton
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

There was an Olivia Net on 3.582, I think on Monday evenings. Don't quote me on that but I used to run across it all the time.
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »

The Feld Hell Club runs a 40m Feld Hell net at 0100-0300 UTC on Thursday (Wednesday evening local time in US/Canada) around 7073 kHz.

After the net, there is usually a small flurry of activity around this frequency as various net participants spread out and work Feld Hell for an hour or so.

------------

Here's the announcement from last week's net:   

Title:         40 meter Net

Date:         Thursday 3 November 2011
Time:         1:00 - 3:00
Repeats:         This event repeats every week.
Notes:         Net time is in UTC.

QNI will begin at approximately 0045 hours.

All participants welcome.

------------

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

http://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/Home/nets

http://www.nparc.org/digitalnet.htm

http://www.mail-archive.com/wnyar@yahoogroups.com/msg00256.html

http://www.arrlmiss.org/nets.html

http://www.bandplans.com/index.php?band=All

Here are a few nets.
KL3HY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »

I've found some pointers to the "RATTS net", which is a Pacific NW RTTY net.  Most of the stuff I've seen on it is outdated--does anyone know if this net still exists?

NS8Q

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

There was an Olivia Net on 3.582, I think on Monday evenings. Don't quote me on that but I used to run across it all the time.

I believe you're referring to the Michigan Digital Traffic Net.

Chris / KC8CAJ
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »

I believe you're referring to the Michigan Digital Traffic Net.

Chris / KC8CAJ

That is the one I am referring to Chris. But I don't think they pass much traffic do they?
Rick VE3FMC
NS8Q

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 08:47:01 PM »

Hi Rick.

Ive checked in a couple of times, and no traffic was passed.  I dont know about the rest of the time though.

By the way, you and I have done Olivia on 80, have you ever done Feld Hell?

Chris
KC8CAJ
KO1D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »

Here are a couple nets that may be useful:

Vienna Wireless Society (Northern VA)
Digital Net, 8:00 PM Tuesdays
Digital Net, 8:00 PM Tuesdays In the VWS Digital Net we experiment with the many digital modes. The net usually starts with the mode Olivia ( 16 tones and 500 Hz wide ) on 3577 KHz USB + 2000 Hertz audio to center on 3579 KHz. We move around in-progress contacts. We've experimented with Olivia, MFSK16, PSK31, Hellschreiber, RTTY, and machine-morse so far with plans to try every new digital soundcard mode that comes out. Most of the regulars also monitor the Vienna 2m repeater (146.685-) during the net. Give us a call on the 2m repeater if you are having trouble finding our signals, copying our signals or transmitting. Or if you would like to try a different mode or band.

I know you are not looking for EMCOM but the WPA Net covers all of PA and is more focused on training folks how to use FLDIGI and NBEMS rather than talking about EMCOM. Dave, KB3FXI is a great guy who regularly helps folks learn FLDIGI.

-paNBEMS weekly HF Net starts at 10:00 AM local time every Sunday morning with Net Control call on 3.5835 MHz USB using 8/500 Olivia, 1000 Hz center waterfall frequency. After any traffic is passed on the net, we may proceed by sending an MT63 1k long (1000 Hz, 64 bit long interleave) bulletin broadcast message, experiment with different modes or NBEMS alpha products. At approximately 11am ET we may switch to 7.073 USB, Olivia 8/500 for a retransmission of our weekly bulletin followed by propagation testing and a call for additional stations.

73 DE,

KO1D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: