Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any active 6M repeaters out there?  (Read 8325 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

Yes, there are 6 meter repeaters out there, but I think that a lot of us are missing the obvious.  On 6 meters, you really don't need a repeater to extend distance--not unless you're mobile.  A six meter antenna at a fixed location can reach just as far as any repeater can--and sometimes farther.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »

Thats pretty good coverage for NEOH.  Maybe I should have stayed in Summit Co rather than moving down to Licking Co, from a 6M activity standpoint.    Ive yet ot hear one down here.  But ou r local Licking Co. club  net on 50.250 usb Th 8:30pm brings in the occasional newcomer and even mobile station, glad to hear activity on 6.
N2ELC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »

The WR2M 6m repeater is operational in northern NJ
on 53.39.

de N2ELC
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 12:15:10 PM »

Thats pretty good coverage for NEOH.  Maybe I should have stayed in Summit Co rather than moving down to Licking Co, from a 6M activity standpoint.    Ive yet ot hear one down here

The transmitter is located in Norton, just off hwy. 21 and runs fairly high power.  According to QRZ, you're only about 71 miles from the transmitter and I'd be very surprised if you couldn't hear it.  That one transmitter has, as I understand it, three receivers, each with a different CTCSS tone for access.  One receiver is in Akron, another (I think) in or near Richfield and the third one, if I remember correctly, is in Loudonville.  I don't remember the CTCSS tones but they usually announce them on their weekly net and I'll try to remember to listen in and post them here next week if you don't hear it yourself.  Try to listen in on 53.17 Mc. on Sunday at 7:00pm.  I'll bet you can hear it.  My information is a bit old as I haven't listened to it for a long time and I don't have a 6m radio (I used to listen with my service monitor; the transmitter is very close to me).
Tom
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: