The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........  (Read 384974 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »

Pinson obviously views the ham hobby and hams as game to be trapped, snared, picked and plundered. He knows his victims are gullible and unable or unwilling to retaliate.

Either take a stance, initiate a case, make a difference, or stop whining.

I think your simplifying the situation into just a black and white case.  When someone Scams you for a sum of money like $1000 it is very problematic and expensive to get justice via the courts and that's one of the main reasons most modern two bit scam artist keep the con small.  Also a head on confrontation can end up going really badly for you.

I think the OP has done everything within reason to get his money back and at this point his best option is to just keep on using the internet to go after the guys reputation and keep asking the authorities the status of his complaint.

About 20 years ago I had to deal with this kind of situation and what I did was to get the name of the person I filed the complaints with.  After that I always made sure to speak back to the same guy on a regular basis.  After about 3 months of hearing from me once a week I think the guy I was talking to was tired of getting my calls and decided to send someone out to deal with the case.  I soon got back a call saying they had arrested the guy and wanted me to come down and talk to the guy.  I did that and he started begging me to drop the charges if he paid me back right away.  A few hours later his girl friend showed up with the cash and I got my money back.  The funny part was the next day I called the officer to thank him again and he then told me that the guy was still in jail.  Turns out that when they ran a check he had also scammed some other people and they also showed up at the station, but this time his GF did not have the cash to pay them.  I have no idea what happened to him after that.

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »

These scammers are just rubbish for a human being. I will have the assuredswap third party site up & running running in 30 days. Any trade or swap will be protected for a small fee and these bums will be shutdown.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2015, 09:27:24 AM »

be sure to post a link where we can confirm your bonding
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »

I wonder what his current ebay store is named? I didn't find a way to look up stores by the owner name, maybe there is one?
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »

wish he'd rip me off. I would just pay him a visit Grin
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: