Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 27.335 beacon  (Read 1233 times)
K8IO

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »

We have had a marvelous 10 meter opening today. As the day progressed I heard all parts of the world in my mobile today. As I checked out 10 at home tonite I noticed it was very quiet. Cept for the locals. So I started listening down in frequency to see where the MUF was at.
While passing by 27.335 a local watering hole for the more civilized CB ops in the Wilmington Ohio area. I paused to listen in. I noticed what sounded like CW very weak. Curious I dug in further. It was sending IU4T in MCW. I switched on my CB and inquired if anyone else heard it and they said they did. So I monitored a Bit.
I noticed on CB CH 15 a conversation in what sounded like Russian. But there was no other "skip" to be heard on the CB band. Anyone have a clue what I was hearing and or can you hear it? At about 04:00 GMT it has SLOWLY faded away and is gone now. It peaked as High as s-3 at one time.  Wierd.
Paul K8IO
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »

Others have reported hearing cw on 11m lately. I don`t know the regulations for other countries,but you may have heard Europe with that band opening. Seems odd to hear Europe that late at night on 10 or 11m but it`s possible. Normally those bands would be open to the west of the U.S. at that time. That would have been Italy.
K8IO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »

Having been through a couple sunspot cycles and having had the good luck during one of those cycles to be able to operate with mono band yagis I learned the patterns these bands develop. It is a circular pattern starting out in the morning hours with Europe coming in and then moving to the Med, Africa, the Americas in the afternoon and later to the South Pacific, Australia and wrapping up the evening with Japan, India and all things north and that is the usual time for long path. Then if the conditions are good enough it all starts over. I suspect what I was hearing was coming over the pole. And it was coming from an area where there must not be much activity on 27 Mhz. I am suspicious that the signal I heard was NOT an Italian.
K8IO 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: