Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help on LoTW  (Read 13065 times)
KD0LAV

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »

Finally got the key from ARRL and it automatically uploaded as it was supposed to.  From there things came to a dead end again.  Am using the N3FJP logging software but can't get it to load to LoTW.  I have followed the prompts from the logging software as well as ARRL's info.  Is anyone available today to talk me thru this final step?  Have called ARRL and they are too busy to answer any questions.

KD0LAV
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »

I am not familiar with that program. I simply export it to ADIF file from my logger program. Then I use the LoTW software to take that file and convert to TQ8. The I upload the TQ8 to LoTW.

For whatever reason, I cannot get mu HRD 5.0 to get the automatic upload to LoTW to work. So I do it manually as stated above. That still only takes 1 minute.
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »

I have over 300 qso's to log.  The notice I get when I try to send is Unable to sign records.  Be sure you have installed version 1.10 or later of the Trusted QSL or have the path set correctly.

Also make sure location matches the location in Tqsl software. 

I have done that and it does match.  Anyone have any other ideas
N0NB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »

Be sure that your TQSL installation is at version 1.13 as anything older will not work.

73, de Nate
Bremen, KS

SKCC 6225
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 04:57:11 AM »

After all this time, LOTW is still a totally arcane mess.  IF the ARRL could slap their programmers up the side of the head and get their attention, perhaps they could come up with something more user-friendly.

This is NOT national security we are dealing with here.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »

Sorry folks! It is not an arcane mess:

Export ADIF file (should every once in a while for log backup).

Use TSQL to create file to upload.

Upload file.

Not automatic, but not arcane nor more complicated than chasing DX either.

By the way right now, LOTW is buried under too much success; they are overloaded with contest logs.

KF7CG

KF7CG
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »

Arcane? I have had little or know trouble with it. It is pretty easy.
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:36 AM »

N4NNY  is there a way I can contact you today so you can talk me thru it.  I obviously am at a dead point.  I have checked and I do have 1.13.  There is apparently a step I can't figure out and I have gone thru the steps a bunch.  My email is d.peck70@yahoo.com for contact info.

Thanks
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »

I have to agree with most that LoTW works just fine. I upload my logs once or twice a week and have no issues. Using Logger32 with the QSL Utility all I do is click Upload to LoTW and withing seconds I have confirmation back that my file has been uploaded. Same thing with eQSL. As far as downloading and synching up my received QSL's, same thing. One click and again withing seconds all QSL's that have been waiting for me at LoTW or eQSL are updated in my logging program. I used to do it manually, export to ADIF, sign in with TQSL and upload but now that it is automated within my logging program it is a breeze.
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »

Boy what I wouldn't do to have mine work like that.  I have repeatedly contacted Scott (N3FJP) and basically I get repeatedly told to follow the instructions or go to another instruction sheet or go to another website for more instructions.  I only have 300 contacts so getting a new program is not out of the question if it makes things easier.  Anyways...I am where I was 3 days ago.  I am about to give it up and forget LoTW although I think it sounds like a great idea.
WT6H

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

I use N3FJP contact log 3.0 and have had zero problems with Lotw once I first got it working. One of my initial problems was that I was using the wrong password in the wrong place.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »

OK. I am going to have to put together a PDF of the manual upload. Give me some time.
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »

Mike, I would sure like to hear how you got yours going as I have the same program for logging.  Vinnie...When you get a chance would like to see yours.  That way if it doesnt work I can try it your way.   Thanks again for the help guys.  I really really appreciate it.

Duane
KD0LAV
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »

Here is a file that I put together. It took me over an hour. This is step by step to manual upload:

http://www.mediafire.com/?njfqx0quoh2u8v0
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »

Wow Vinnie that is awesome.  Will try it when I get home tonight.  Thank you so very much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: