Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help on LoTW  (Read 11600 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 08:00:56 AM »

Keep in mind that processing time for an LoTW upload is on the order of a couple of days (45 hours as of Tuesday).  Once you've uploaded the log wait a sufficient amount of time for it to be processed.  Multiple uploads only make the queue larger.

FYI for LOTW processing - uploaded 292 Q's from DX Lab Suite on Monday evening around 0200Z and found them processed with QSLs ready for download from LOTW to DX Lab Suite last evening around 0200Z (48 hours later). They were not ready on Tuesday around 0200 so sometime in that 24 hour period they were processed. From that I draw a 24 to 48 hour window when they were processed (similar to your stated 45 hours).

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
WB7TXG

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »

If you are running latest version of HRDthen while your logbook window is open hold the ctrl key down and use mouse to highlight the contact ts you want to upload... then select lotwuplold.. its all automatic
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 11:02:21 AM »

Yes, the processing time on LOTW is variable! A lot of the time I have 50-100 QSO files process in minutes, but after the CQ WW SSB contest there were so many logs in the system it took my tiny 300 QSO file some 7 days to process.

Their processing is adequately sized for the general case, but is now suffering badly when buried under the lareger number of large contest submissions. Of course just more data in the database slows proecessing. If you double the amount of data in the database it can take about 3 times as long to process.

KF7CG
N0NB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »

Now that there are just over 377 million QSO records in the DB, LoTW has a lot of work to do!

73, de Nate
Marysville, KS

SKCC 6225
WA3KVN

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »

Didn't read all the replies, just about 2/3's of them.  On the LoTW site, there is a note that gives a URL you must use with the N3FJP software.  I use it every month now with absolutely no problems.  Here's the note:
Mar 25, 2010: Synching or Downloading Log data -- Some LoTW users who use N3FJP AC Log to upload their logs to Logbook of The World have been experiencing difficulty.  The solution is to configure the logging software to connect to the LoTW server.

Open N3FJP AC Log program.

1. Select the "LoTW" tab at the top of the log form.
   2. Select the tab "LoTW Server Settings" in the upper right of the LoTW form.
   3. In the box marked "LoTW Download URL:" replace the current URL with this new URL

https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=

Click DONE.

1. Make sure that all other settings such as own call, username and password, and station location are correct.
   2. Now you should be able to upload and download data to LOTW using the logging software utility.

The N3FJP site < http://n3fjp.com/ > offers support for this program. 
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »

Thanks Charles.  I did recheck the url you provided and I have the right one.  Everytime I try to send a log it keeps telling me that it isn't signed.  I apparently am missing a step somehow even though I have gone over them many times. I would like to not change logs.  That may have to come though.  Thanks for the info.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »

If you are sending the file directly to LOTW, it must be signed using TSQL which generates a "filename.TQ8" file. It is the TQ8 file that is sent.

KF7CG
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

KD0LAV,

Get a local club member or ham that uploads to LoTW and see if he can come over to see what is wrong.
KD0LAV

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 08:41:47 AM »

Yep, that is the next step now that the Holiday is over.  I have gotten a few emails from  others that are in the same spot I am and not getting what should be happening.  I am glad to know it's not just me.
KC9QQ

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »

For whatever reason, I cannot get mu HRD 5.0 to get the automatic upload to LoTW to work. So I do it manually as stated above. That still only takes 1 minute.

I had the same problem with HRD 5.0.  After reading the documentation on HRD 5.0 I realized that I was not running the latest version of the TQSL software.  Once I downloaded and installed the latest version of TQSL from the ARRL website the HRD 5.0 LOTW upload started working.

Fred, KC9QQ
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

Now if I could just figure out how to upload to LOTW from hrd....Huh??

I have HRD. I use the export function. HRD had an auto upload, but the damn thing refuses to acceot my password, for some reason.

I use HRD's LOTW upload and it works FB. You must have TQSL V1.13 for it to work right also the right password helps too. On the HDR upload pop-up window the first part is where you put in your LoTW web page user name and password, the next part is where you put the path to your TQSL on your computer, your password and your station location and they must all match exactly (it's the same for all logging programs that have LoTW uploads) as you have on the TQSL program. I run HRD v5.0 build 2893.
GL
Roland AH6RR
KB1VCZ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »

I too am having problems uploading from HRD to LOTW. I initially set this up and the very first file I sent worked, and out of 60 QSO I got back 5 QSL confirmations.

I tried to upload again by selecting 10 more QSO I made, but when the transfer page comes up--the one with all the passwrod fields etc--I never see the tab next to the green progress bar on teh bottom turn to Finished.

The entries get marked as being sent, but obviously something is not working properly.

I double checked all my logins and password, and path entries and even re-installed things, but I still can't upload--even though just a few weeks ago this setup worked fine.

I just uploaded a file manually on the LOTW webpage but that doesn't seem to have been processed yet.

LOTW doesn't give much info on files in the queue--only that the file was uploaded.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: