Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 14.313 the proverbial diaper of ham radio? LOL  (Read 16908 times)
KC9RCG

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:58:55 AM »

For the most part, most all bands, courtesy is in force. But, 14.313 must be the place where people have to let their dark side show. I think it is good for that to stay in one spot and not multiples.

But, the other problem is karol madera ve7kfm goes to other places like 14.272....now you got 2 goofed up channels.
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »

And our neighbors to the north will not do anything about Carol. Most of these people need to be run out of ham radio. I know that it will not happen but the US hams involved with this the FCC could make very expensive to carry on.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »

I heard for the first time the goings on on 14.313. When I first heard it I had to double check my frequency and band, because I thought I was on 11 meters. This sounded just like the CB band. There was a fellow calling another fellow a crook and cheat, and he was calling him a girlie man, whatever that means. It was intersting that both these stations gave there call signs. There was another station playing music, but the two arguing stations blanked the music out when they transmitted. I listened to these stations and thought the conversation was a staged put on. It was a lot of fun to listen to. There was no cursing as you hear on the CB band, and the stations calls were given at the required intervals. I guess there has to be a place for X CB rs on the ham bands where they can continue with there crazy behavior. As long as they stay on 14.313 and do not start to bother other frequencies. I actually enjoy listening to that craziness once in a while, it gives me a break from the serious stuff. I have not heard any Canadian stations at my QTH on 20 meters. I must be lucky in that sense.

73s

K2OWK
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »

There is a lot of crap on 20 and 75 meters. Spin the dial and don't give them an audience.
You'll learn quickly what areas of what bands to avoid.

Better yet, operate CW. It is hard to be a jerk on CW. You can be a lid, but being a true
jacka$$ takes an extreme amount of effort on CW and it easier for them to pick up a mike
and remove all doubt Smiley

Next option is the WARC bands. Mostly good ops, and you avoid the weekend warriors
and egos.  If you can get by the pirates, 10 Meters is another fascinating fun band.

Pete, k1zjh
VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »

For the most part, most all bands, courtesy is in force. But, 14.313 must be the place where people have to let their dark side show. I think it is good for that to stay in one spot and not multiples.

But, the other problem is karol madera ve7kfm goes to other places like 14.272....now you got 2 goofed up channels.

There's your problem exactly ....... anywhere VE7KFM goes the jammers are sure to follow.But interesting to note that Karol is head jammer on those frequencies, frequently playing his 19 minute "M.F'er" tape sort of smacks of malicious interference.Add to this mess the microwave parted,RFI ridden "tube with handles" amplifier he pollutes the band with it does'nt take rocket science to see where the promblem lies.
 One day with luck it will all go away
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

Just remember tho. Fred dont have any horses in the race
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »

I thought it was the marine ch?
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

I heard for the first time the goings on on 14.313. When I first heard it I had to double check my frequency and band, because I thought I was on 11 meters. This sounded just like the CB band. There was a fellow calling another fellow a crook and cheat, and he was calling him a girlie man, whatever that means. It was intersting that both these stations gave there call signs. There was another station playing music, but the two arguing stations blanked the music out when they transmitted. I listened to these stations and thought the conversation was a staged put on. It was a lot of fun to listen to. There was no cursing as you hear on the CB band, and the stations calls were given at the required intervals. I guess there has to be a place for X CB rs on the ham bands where they can continue with there crazy behavior. As long as they stay on 14.313 and do not start to bother other frequencies. I actually enjoy listening to that craziness once in a while, it gives me a break from the serious stuff. I have not heard any Canadian stations at my QTH on 20 meters. I must be lucky in that sense.

73s

K2OWK
  I have to admit, when some guy came out of nowhere and called Karol a "Mud Duck", I almost fell out of my chair laughing!
VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »

It's too bad things never really change ala Karol VE7KFM and his jamming on 313 .... he's threatened on air to put a bullet in the head of a certain policewoman if she comes knocking on his door to investigate any criminal complaints that anyone has made against him! ...... Amateur Radio,a hobby anyone can enjoy  Yikes!!  Angry
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »

I wonder what smug  "Canadian superiority" over the United States is evidenced by their inability to do ANYTHING about KFM?  Here, he'd  have his own page in the DSM II.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »

I wonder what smug  "Canadian superiority" over the United States is evidenced by their inability to do ANYTHING about KFM? 
Here, he'd  have his own page in the DSM II.

Now THAT'S funny!  Grin

Ken. AD6KA
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »

Ham radio is like most activities we have our idiots too. It just happens that 313 is the gathering place for a good part of it. It is disgusting to hear such foul speech on the air.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »

Are all of the complainants using crystal-controlled radio equipment which only covers 14.272-5 and 14.313 MHz?

No?

Have a VFO on it, do ya? Spin the knob and go elsewhere.

IC has on numerous occasions professed that the on-air antics of a certain Canadian radio amateur are viewed as "protected speech". Likewise, our FCC also views the collective commentary of U.S.-licensed amateur operators as "protected speech". Ergo, either 'side' can perpetually jab at each other (profanity and all) and nothing will come of the matter.

The main problem arises when the sycophantic jamming contingent fires up. Laura Smith has repeatedly stated that her office will prosecute individuals who have been identified as being the source of malicious interference and/or illegal operation. Taking 'VR, 'FM, 'KFM et al off the air is not going to stop the problem: The jammers, misogynists and malcontents will simply find some other group to glom onto and create chaos.
KE4ZHN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »

Nothing new at all. 14.313 has been a sewer for over 15years that I know of with little to no action on the part of the FCC other than a few hand slaps. As long as that joker up in Canada has a legion of fools here in the states to feed his agenda, he will continue his tirade. The FCC should bust any and all U.S. hams that mess with this idiot because they are just as bad if not worse. They may not be able to touch Karol but why are our hams allowed to do the same thing years on end with no enforcement?
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »

If 14.313 is the Diaper then I guess 14.275 must be the Under padding.......
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: