Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 14.313 the proverbial diaper of ham radio? LOL  (Read 17700 times)
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »

I've listened to this frequency occasionally over the last year, as my licence class does not permit me to transmit. Not very appealing to me.
No urgency in upgrading at this point.
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »

I've listened to this frequency occasionally over the last year, as my licence class does not permit me to transmit. Not very appealing to me.
Why would something that goes on , on 14.313 (or several other well know frequencies)
prevent you from wanting to upgrade?? There are idiots in every group and Amateur Radio is no exception. Why keep yourself from enjoying more privileges on HF because of a few bad apples? That makes no sense at all.
  There is a ton of other frequencies and modes that you can have available to you with an upgrade. Don't let what you hear a FEW people doing, cause you not to take advantage of what can be available to you with a simple written test and upgrade in license. Amateur Radio is FUN, just pass over the idiots and have some fun of your own.
james
WD5GWY

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:40:20 AM by WD5GWY » Logged
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 04:43:10 AM »

Why would something that goes on , on 14.313 (or several other well know frequencies)
prevent you from wanting to upgrade?? There are idiots in every group and Amateur Radio is no exception. Why keep yourself from enjoying more privileges on HF because of a few bad apples? That makes no sense at all.
  There is a ton of other frequencies and modes that you can have available to you with an upgrade. Don't let what you hear a FEW people doing, cause you not to take advantage of what can be available to you with a simple written test and upgrade in license. Amateur Radio is FUN, just pass over the idiots and have some fun of your own.
james
WD5GWY

My point is that I am happy with my current hf/vhf/uhf privileges were I know people and they are SANE. Why bother to upgrade when all that BS is going on. If I want to hear that I can always tune to 11 meters (which doesn't seem quite as bad to me). And theres always the FREEBAND!, where the operators are polite and friendly. Makes sense to me...
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

Curiosity got the best of me and I just tuned in for the first time.   What a mess!  Funny and a waste at the same time...these guys have absolutely no lives.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:06:54 PM by K3WEC » Logged
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

My point is that I am happy with my current hf/vhf/uhf privileges were I know people and they are SANE. Why bother to upgrade when all that BS is going on. If I want to hear that I can always tune to 11 meters (which doesn't seem quite as bad to me). And theres always the FREEBAND!, where the operators are polite and friendly. Makes sense to me...
I can understand being happy with your current privileges and if that is enough for you then that is great. But, again, you are letting a "minority" of troublemakers, keep you from enjoying more privileges and chances to meet new and interesting people, simply because of a few misguided individuals. The so-called BS that is going on, is not as widespread and you make it sound. Far from it. As for the 11 meter comment, if you think what goes on there is not as bad as 14.313, then you must have antenna problems. And are not hearing anything. I can guarantee you that there is no difference between the two. And in fact, at least two of the people on 14.313 are also troublemakers on 36LSB on CB. And FREEBAND being nice and polite? I've listened in on a few of those conversations and it's not much different than CB. (or some ham op's as well) There are good and bad individuals in both, Amateur Radio and CB. That's just a fact of life. But, to let any of it keep you from upgrading in order to gain more operating privileges, makes no sense at all. You are missing out on so much more than you can imagine.
But, again, if you are happy where you are at, then stay at that point.
james
WD5GWY
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »

...And theres always the FREEBAND!, where the operators are polite and friendly. Makes sense to me...

Ummm...you're either a "ham" (meaning: you abide by ALL of the Commission's rules as a condition of amateur license grant) or you're not.

That said, you might get away with playing where you aren't supposed to for a long time. But if you're caught, kiss your ham ticket goodbye.
W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

I've have been listening to 14.275, and 313 for years like many of you have. I get a good laugh from it at times. I don't blame VE7KFM any more than the dolts who participate state side.. It's obvious the FCC really doesn't see this as a huge problem or they would have done something long ago. As long as the children stay in their own sandbox full of cat manure, I don't really care. People who behave like what you hear on these frequencies have no self control, or respect. They have no concept or understanding of how foolish they sound, otherwise they would not behave so badly.
CB radio, X-cbrs were brought up. Wether or not these idiots are cb'rs or X-cbr's is irrelevant. Most of the QSO's I have are with people who started their radio hobby with the CB Radio. Poor behavior was present on ham radio long before the CB was around. My point is...people are people. It doesn't matter if it's amateur Radio or the CB Radio, or an online chat room. A persons character or personality is not dictated by these mediums.
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

I agree as long as they stay in there little self made septic tank I am not going to worry too much. I started with CB when I was in high school. We didnt have 3000 watt amp or the like. If we were lucky we had a cobra 40 channel. We would talk on 16 I think while we were driving to school. I guess I was actually a swl first. I often wonder what kind of DX can they work with 3000 watts? BTW 313 is a good place to tune the antenna or amp or anything. It does no good but it is fun!
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »

BTW 313 is a good place to tune the antenna or amp or anything. It does no good but it is fun!

And this is precisely why they think it's OK and justified to tune up and jam DXpeditions, contests, or anyone else that roams near their frequencies. Just leave them alone and turn the dial.
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »

I don't blame VE7KFM any more than the dolts who participate state side..

I agree totally.  When I listened there were a few US goofballs that seemed infatuated with disrupting the Canada station.  They spoke of some personal details of the Canadian operator that I don't think they'd know/allege if they didn't make a career out of spinning their wheels trying to police the frequency.
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

Sounds like someone should go on a covert transmitter hunt in Canada. Be sure to bring some wire cutters! Smiley

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

tune in tomorrow on the next episode of "as 313 turns"

will karol get to talk to donny

will karol repent

will the jammers find something else to do

tune in tomorrow to find out!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: