Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda car sends Morse  (Read 1282 times)
SM3HKN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 10:14:53 AM »

Changed ringsignal on my 3310 to send CQ CQ.. when someone is calling. Used builtin composer.
LA4RT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 09:09:01 AM »

SMS - Short Message Service, a function of the GSM cell phone system. Known as 'text messaging' or 'texting' in Britain, apparently not much used in the U.S. In Norwegian, we call it SMS, and we call an SMS message 'an SMS'. I guess they do that in Finland, where Nokia comes from, as well.

Scandinavian teenagers exchange an unbelievable number of SMS messages each day.
WA8TZG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 08:47:55 PM »

"SMS" is correct. It is for "Short Message Service" which is the "official" name for text messaging on GSM phones.

Note that many pieces of electronic equipment (especially medical electronics) sound an appropriate Morse character for different alarm conditions. Few people recognize that it's a Morse character - not just an arbitrary "sound" made up of short and long beeps - but it is!  :-)
N8CPA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2004, 07:21:11 AM »

I got so annoyed with my Windows sound effects and AOL "WELCOME" and "YOU'VE GOT MAIL," that I connected my keyer to my computer and recorded Morse sound bytes.  Now instead of saying "TA DA" or whatever the annoyance is called, I hear a pleasant QRV when a program starts.  When email comes in, it sends QNU.  When I close a program it sends 73.

KC2IXE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 07:24:22 PM »

Yes, The Nokia phones send SMS and "Connecting People" - Remember that Marti Lane OH2BH (Famious DXer)is a VERY VERY High level exec at Nokia
KD5HQN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2004, 10:04:39 PM »

The SMS is truely SMS, it is the name of the messaging protocol used for text messages.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: