The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 160M Contests Dec-Jan-Feb  (Read 13634 times)
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »

N3QE: What power were you running? Your antenna was...?

Good news on the HK0.  I didnt hear them.  And I didnt look for DX, called CQ mostly, although our other operator did mostly S&P.  I only heard one weak  G3, a GB4 and DL calling CQ.
Not a peep out of  western Canada, but tons of VE3- 2s and some 1's. And more  close in/surrounding states than normal.

Couldnt have hoped for quieter QRN or line noise conditions, and most sigs were solid ( not watery) especially  in the 6pm-midnight periods.

The earlier CME's  may have affected/ramped up D layer absorption in  the northern lattitudes, as most of the strong signals were South  of OH, but fewer sigs  to the NW-N-NE.

N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 09:18:12 AM »

N3QE: What power were you running? Your antenna was...?

Good news on the HK0.  I didnt hear them.  And I didnt look for DX, called CQ mostly, although our other operator did mostly S&P.  I only heard one weak  G3, a GB4 and DL calling CQ.
Not a peep out of  western Canada, but tons of VE3- 2s and some 1's. And more  close in/surrounding states than normal.

Couldnt have hoped for quieter QRN or line noise conditions, and most sigs were solid ( not watery) especially  in the 6pm-midnight periods.

The earlier CME's  may have affected/ramped up D layer absorption in  the northern lattitudes, as most of the strong signals were South  of OH, but fewer sigs  to the NW-N-NE.

100W, antenna is a 130 foot doublet up 75 feet and fed as a "T" against ground on 160.

A neighbor of mine worked HK0NA with 5 watts on 160M the first night! I can see him getting 160M DXCC QRP someday :-)

Locals are telling me that Euro DX was much better the second night of the contest (one local racked up 100+ DL's on 160!) but I didn't really try. My loss!

Tim.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 05:51:53 AM »

SUMMARY OF QSOS Jan CQWW CW Test:
From central Ohio the most productive states/most active were:
PA=47 q's
VA=43
OH=42
NY=32
NC=28
GA=24
+ 6 more in the 20's.
Amazingly, 174 Q's of our 661 total  came from 4-Land!  thats more than  1+2+3 Land combined; or 8-9-0 Land combined;   Great job, 4-Land guys!
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »

WW8OH will be operating in the CQWW 160M SSB contest this coming weekend.  Give us  a call and a contact.

After 661 Q's in  the CW  contest last month, we are hoping conditions allow us to top that on ssb.  The unusually warm wx may not help...
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »

take a look at the Pixel Technoligies magnetic loop recieving antenna for 400 bucks.  easy to set up , has all you need and makes a superb 40/80/160 rx antenna.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: