The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does WWV still send out QSL cards?  (Read 2987 times)
N1RND

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »

I suppose I could email them but thought I'd ask here first.
WD9EWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »

Yes, they still send QSL cards. Last one I got from WWV was for an e-mailed reception report during the leap second at the end of June 2015. Even sent a link to a YouTube video which had my recording around that time. The card came a few months later in the mail.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 05:04:34 AM »

WWV. Nice catch.

I have a wristwatch that's locked to WWVB which runs 50 kW on 60 KHz. Should I confirm that?
W0PV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 05:32:01 AM »

When they put 25 MHz back OTA a short while back I sent them an email report and received the current QSL. It's pretty nice. There are separate cards for each station, ie, WWV vs, WWVH, WWVB etc. You can see them displayed and get the email address on their web site,

https://www.nist.gov/time-and-frequency-services/nist-radio-stations/wwv

Their 25 MHz transmitter had / has a modulation spur issue. Whenever it was at least S9 or louder here, when the solar index info or other voice bulletin is spoken (with greater modulation then the time announcer) the modulation splatter can be clearly heard +/- (mostly plus) about 15 Khz from the fundamental.

I had some correspondence with them about that and after using a spectrum analyzer they confirmed there was a problem, but the spurious emission power was so low (like < -50db) they were amazed that I heard it. And as such it sounded like they didn't care much to fix it either, lol!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: