Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has AG6K been Banned Here ?  (Read 20810 times)
VK4TUX

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »

Could the Moderator please explain ?

Adrian Fewster

vk4tux
N6WK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

I think it's because he knows more about Amplifiers then the resident Expert.. Just my guess.

Gordon
N6WK
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »

Could the Moderator please explain ?

Adrian Fewster

vk4tux

This is not the place to ask this question.  
So I will move this post to the proper forum.

Generally I do not comment on why a members posting privileges are removed but in this case I think I will tell you why
I removed AG6K's posting privileges.

Just to be clear:

It has nothing to do with W8JI or any other poster in any of the threads where AG6K was active.
It has nothing to do with any technical content that AG6K posted to any of those threads.

It has everything to do with two or three very off topic posts that he made in those threads that talked about
child abuse including naming names of parties involved.  This was on top of a number of other very off
topic posts that he had made over the last several months.  He was warned that he needed to be more careful
in his posting choices and that I had no issue with him posting about any topics if he could conduct himself as an
adult.  But there were several posts by him in the last few days - and then the one I refer to above that led me to
remove his posting privileges.  I think it is reckless and insensitive to post such content on any public forum.  Why
he seemed to think it was appropriate to post it on a amateur radio site in a forum that is about amateur radio amplifiers
I have no clue - but as a result I feel that I can not trust him to make any posts in the forums on eHam.net at this time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:38:45 PM by K5TR » Logged

George
K5TR
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »

For whatever reason it was we must keep in mind we are all here at the pleasure of management.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
When it's time it's time, and it may be sooner than you think.
N6WK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »

George,
   do you have a link to the posts/threads where this happened? I'd like to read for myself to form my own opinion.
Thanks,
Gordon
N6WK
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »

This potty-mouth talk is historical procedure for him.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with inappropriate sexual and personal talk about children, groups, or people.

73 Tom
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »

George,
   do you have a link to the posts/threads where this happened? I'd like to read for myself to form my own opinion.
Thanks,
Gordon
N6WK

The thread appears to have been moved off the visible forums.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
N6WK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »

Thanks Sue,
   but still, there must be a link where I can view what actually took place and read first hand.
Word on the Net indicates it has much to do with the Local Self proclaimed Amp Expert on here.
Out of respect, I won't mention names or a call, but I am sure everyone with half a brain knows who that is that I refer to.

Thanks Sue,
Gordon
N6WK
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »

Thanks Sue,
   but still, there must be a link where I can view what actually took place and read first hand.
Word on the Net indicates it has much to do with the Local Self proclaimed Amp Expert on here.
Out of respect, I won't mention names or a call, but I am sure everyone with half a brain knows who that is that I refer to.

Thanks Sue,
Gordon
N6WK

Gordon,

Your hero and mentor has a long history of shooting himself in the foot with reflectors and magazines, and getting himself banned. This is because he cannot stay focused on technical issues, and always sways into personal attacks, most of which are openly false (lies), or sways into sex or descriptions of sex acts in public forums.

When he first appeared on eHam, he immediately launched into a lie about the person who owned the name "Ameritron", and how that person was caught in a compromising situation with a secretary and had to sell Ameritron in a divorce. I knew that person and his family well, and I worked as a manager at the company that loaned money, tooling, and parts  to the original Ameritron. The transfer of names, not that it is anyone's business, was simply because the owner of the tooling, parts, and inventory wanted paid and/or the parts and tooling back, and the other party wanted money to fund Amp Supply. There was no divorce involved. Denny and Connie were wonderful people, seemed to be happy with each other at that time, and do not deserve such treatment in a public forum. The entire story was a lie, and your mentor and friend told his lie on eHam in a technical forum.

My guess is the removal had nothing to do with your mentor's public lie about a divorce and a secretary. Most likely eHam removed that post because it was inappropriate, but in fact the post was also an outright lie.

This is common for your mentor, and for one of his friends. For example, it comes back to me your mentor tells others I drink, and have an alcohol problem. Many people know me, and those who do understand that claim is a lie. I never have had a drinking problem, because I have a very non-addictive personality. Anyone who knows me also knows, that while I was in my late teens and twenties I partied with friends on occasion, I never drank with any sort of problem or binge. My total consumption of alcohol is less than two or three bottles of beer and two or three mixed drinks a year. I rarely even drink.

Your mentor also tells stories about many other people that are untrue. If you want, I can ask a friend whose wife used to work for CQ Magazine to tell you about phone calls to his wife at work from your mentor. Foul talk about people, and inappropriate talk to people including my friend's wife, is nothing new for your friend. It is a history 30 years old or longer.

You mentor and friend felt it appropriate to talk about someone having oral sex with children, and even described who those children were, on eHam, in a technical forum.

As a final example, he even does not draw the line at dead Hams. He, and his friend, even attack dead people with malicious lies about how or why they died.

All of this is factual, and all can be verified. This constant bad behavior, and bizarre practice of talking nasty about people's lives and talking about strange sexual acts in public, is why your mentor has been banned from multiple places. This is why his rebuttal letter to QST never was published years ago, and why CQ has nothing to do with him.

I strongly suggest you look at the history of things your friend, and people around him, say about multiple other people. There is something seriously wrong with people who get on technical forums, or on the radio, and feel it is appropriate to tell open lies about innocent people being caught having sex and being forced to sell a company in a divorce. There is something wrong in the head for anyone who feels it is appropriate to talk about sex acts with children on an amateur radio technical reflector. There is something wrong in the head for your mentor to accuse people publicly of being a drinker, or an alcoholic, when they are not. Worse of all, whatever switch in someone's brain works to respect the dead, it doesn't work for him. He doesn't even draw the line at deceased Hams, and tells public lies about them and their personal lives, and even the cause of their death.

If you want to defend him and associate yourself with him, and the VK4 wants to do the same, that is your choice. Personally, I would not want to be associated with or defend someone who talks graphically about sex acts with children on public forums.

Any more questions?

73 Tom

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:11:43 AM by W8JI » Logged
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »

Thanks Sue,

Thanks Sue,
Gordon
N6WK

Hi Gordon;
The way this works in most forums and apparently here also as my post count hasn't changed.......

Forums like this have forums that are not viewable without having an owner's or moderate's account. specific lists can be made invisible to users simply because the regular users don't have access rights.

This gives mods and owners a place to keep threads as apposed to deleting them, in the event it becomes necessary to refer to them in the future. This feature also allows the management to set up a forum where they can carryout the day to day business of running the forum as well as the site. I moderated a special interest forum for a couple of years. It's a lot of work but rewarding. .   

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
VK4TUX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »

Well it is a shame Rich cannot post here anymore. I think if Susan had have not raised that particular analogy, that led to the off topic censure due to Rich's additional comment then things may have played out ok. Rich is now an easy target for some some others here, with his hands tied,  regarding amplifier issues and fixes. Please let the man respond to technical critique?

It is always interesting to see different views on amplifier circuit function and process debated especially if the math and logical proof is place to back up the comment.

In Rich's unpublished QST rebuttal;

http://www.somis.org/Rebuttal.html

I see none other than technical comment made regarding the critique of the subject.

I ask the Moderator to please review Rich's posting privilege on the group, I feel he has a lot to offer to the amateur radio operator and especially the ability to get us all thinking.

I agree with the Moderator that topic matter should pertain to the subject to keep the focus where it belongs.

Adrian ... vk4tux
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

Well it is a shame Rich cannot post here anymore. I think if Susan had have not raised that particular analogy, that led to the off topic censure due to Rich's additional comment then things may have played out ok. Rich is now an easy target for some some others here, with his hands tied,  regarding amplifier issues and fixes. Please let the man respond to technical critique?

Blaming me for the actions of another adult?
I don't own that, you should reconsider your statement.

We are all adults here and to imply I am the fault for Rich's banning is at the very least silly, at most it doesn't say much about someone who would make such a statement.
It is always interesting to see different views on amplifier circuit function and process debated especially if the math and logical proof is place to back up the comment.

In Rich's unpublished QST rebuttal;

http://www.somis.org/Rebuttal.html

I see none other than technical comment made regarding the critique of the subject.

I ask the Moderator to please review Rich's posting privilege on the group, I feel he has a lot to offer to the amateur radio operator and especially the ability to get us all thinking.

I agree with the Moderator that topic matter should pertain to the subject to keep the focus where it belongs.

Adrian ... vk4tux

For the record;
I have no axe to grind with anybody here, I don't take sides and take responsibility for my own posts.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
VK4TUX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

Susan,

No I stated "off topic censure due to Rich's additional comment" as being the reason for censure and of course Rich is responsible for his own comment(s) which led to his censure. I would just hope that the moderator would review the situation, as I am sure Rich's participation here is about talking amplifiers.

You seem a bit touchy on the matter, if you did not initiate the alter boy analogy then I apologise. Otherwise all I did was describe the flow of events .

I have followed Richard Measure's posts for many years, and have never seen him state bad language or personal hate comments etc online. I do beleive he is about seeking, finding and expressing the truth in situations. I have seen him admit to mistakes and express confirmation of other's correctness, which is not a quality exhibited by those that have an issue with their own ego.

At the end of the day Susan , I just would like to see Richard return to the forum .

Adrian ... vk4tux
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »

The discussion was drifting far off topic, with little scientific evidence offered to refute Rauch's postions.
Indeed, the thread was becoming more and bizzare as it progressed. K5TR surmised what happened and
after seeing some of the posts I have no reason to doubt his actions.

Pete
VK4TUX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »

Pete,
        Do you refer to the filament voltage discussion?

Adrian ... vk4tux
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: