Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has AG6K been Banned Here ?  (Read 21604 times)
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »

Well it is a shame Rich cannot post here anymore. I think if Susan had have not raised that particular analogy, that led to the off topic censure due to Rich's additional comment then things may have played out ok.
Well Adrian you might explain what you meant by the avove statement.

As for being touchy, nope.

Pete has it right the thread had come off the tracks well before those last five posts.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
When it's time it's time, and it may be sooner than you think.
N6WK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »

W8JI, I have read your post but must disagree with your assumptions about CQ magazine.
Rich Measures NEVER submitted anything to CQ magazine.
Without being able to read the complete thread where all this supposedly took place, I can NOT form an honest opinion. I have been informed that Susan actually brought up Choir/Alter boys and the catholic Church before this whole thing took off, but again, without being able to see the unaltered thread.. who knows what really is the truth.
    I do remember that you and I crossed paths a while back. I had an amp that the grid meter was going down instead of up. You stated that it ALWAYS is due to a short to chassis of the filament circuit. I proved you WRONG !
It was in fact a diode on the metering board. What it told me was, You aren't as great as you self claim to be.
 Enuf said?

Gordon
N6WK
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:37:00 PM by N6WK » Logged
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »

W8JI, I have read your post but must disagree with your assumptions about CQ magazine.
Rich Measures NEVER submitted anything to CQ magazine.
Without being able to read the complete thread where all this supposedly took place, I can NOT form an honest opinion. I have been informed that Susan actually brought up Choir/Alter boys and the catholic Church before this whole thing took off, but again, without being able to see the unaltered thread.. who knows what really is the truth.
    I do remember that you and I crossed paths a while back. I had an amp that the grid meter was going down instead of up. You stated that it ALWAYS is due to a short to chassis of the filament circuit. I proved you WRONG !
It was in fact a diode on the metering board. What it told me was, You aren't as great as you self claim to be.
 Enuf said?

Gordon
N6WK

Sorry Gordon I never did anything of the kind.
Whoever informed you of that should have their medication readjusted because it's effecting their reading comprehension. I made a comparative statement between two groups I never once mentioned alter boys.

Good Grief  Smiley

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 06:24:27 PM »

In Rich's unpublished QST rebuttal;

http://www.somis.org/Rebuttal.html

I see none other than technical comment made regarding the critique of the subject.it belongs.

Adrian ... vk4tux

Everything I say is factual.

I have an original unedited copy of Rich's reply to QST. Here is a sample of what you must somehow feel is "technical comment" worthy of publication in a national magazine:

http://www.w8ji.com/images/Amplifier/Measures/Eimac-clean-toilet.jpg

73 Tom
N6WK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »

Susan, I sure would like to see the Original unaltered thread. Then we would know for certain. Did you Ever mention the alter boy scandal perhaps?
I also run a few forums, so i know this stuff is there in the Archives, unless someone deleted it to hide something.

Gordon
N6WK
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

I think it's because he knows more about Amplifiers then the resident Expert.. Just my guess.

I am in no technical position question either Rick or Tom, whom I think you are unfairly mocking. But I never got to the point of reading the child abuse posts. I stopped taking him serious when he started mocking the Ameritron guy and his wife and their relationship.

There is a point where you draw the line, and that was it for me. And it looks like I made a good call, because I would have been pretty disgusted had I read posts about child abuse. I have gotten in my share of arguments with people here and were both namecalling each other. But even in the worst flame wars, neither I or the person I was arguing with, ever took it to family members and children.

I have also seen threads here where people want to hang CBers and fine them into the poor house, yet one time, a new ham posted how his license was revoked after 1 week. Someone found that he was arrested for being a sex offender against children, yet several people were still trying to assist this man in getting his license back, while wanting to hang CBers by the noose. Go figure.

Sometimes, I simply don't understand where people's priorities are, or where their common sense lays.

Saying that, I hope Rich didn't let the door hit his ass on the way out. From the little I read from him, he seemed to be a pretty horrible man. So I can care less how much he knows about amps, or if he knows more than the resident experts here. Eham is a better place without him.

VK4TUX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

I have an original unedited copy of Rich's reply to QST. Here is a sample of what you must somehow feel is "technical comment" worthy of publication in a national magazine:

http://www.w8ji.com/images/Amplifier/Measures/Eimac-clean-toilet.jpg

73 Tom

No I see no issue with this, it demonstrates that a particular term does not automatically make one an expert in a technically advanced field.

There is nothing requiring censure regarding the term "sanitation engineer" and "restroom"

Would a parent have issue that little Johnny read about the sanitation engineer fixing the restroom at the service station?

Adrian ... vk4tux
VK4TUX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 11:42:24 PM »

Whoever informed you of that should have their medication readjusted because it's effecting their reading comprehension. I made a comparative statement between two groups I never once mentioned alter boys.

Good Grief 

This seems relevant see "";

AF6LJ

RE: • Favorite Old Wives' Tales •
« Reply #171 on:

[deleted post comment regarding RCC]

"No apologizes necessary, that's quite alright.

[deleted line]

Which seems to fit the propensity toward p........a "

Adrian ... vk4tux
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:59 AM »

This is nonsense.

Adrian and other friends of Measures might think it is OK for their hero to go after people personally in technical responses, lie about people or events, and may think talking about sexual perversions, including describing the actions, is acceptable in public forums.

None of that matters.

QST has the right to not print what they consider out of line, and other people have a right to ask him to leave. For every one person who thinks discussing child or anal sex is an OK topic on a technical forum, I'd bet there are thousands who do not. I think your are in the minority Adrian.

If your brain is wired to think a world wide amateur radio technical magazine that permits insulting people in technical articles, or an Internet technical forum where demeaning religions or individuals is good, or discussing explicit immoral  acts on children is OK, then you should start your own group.

That is not normal mainstream thinking. If eHam ever would decide to allow such things, I'd bet nearly everyone would leave. No matter how much filth talk seems normal to you, I doubt many will jump on your team.

73 Tom
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 04:58:27 AM »

For every one person who thinks discussing child or anal sex is an OK topic on a technical forum......

You just mentioned it yourself. You are just perpetuating the subject. Let it rest, friend.
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 05:25:09 AM »

Susan, I sure would like to see the Original unaltered thread. Then we would know for certain. Did you Ever mention the alter boy scandal perhaps?
I also run a few forums, so i know this stuff is there in the Archives, unless someone deleted it to hide something.

Gordon
N6WK

Nope, never did.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 05:32:01 AM »

Good Grief 

This seems relevant see "";

AF6LJ

RE: • Favorite Old Wives' Tales •
« Reply #171 on:

[deleted post comment regarding RCC]

"No apologizes necessary, that's quite alright.

[deleted line]

Which seems to fit the propensity toward p........a "

Adrian ... vk4tux

Sorry Adrian that doesn't wash.
Any post that quoted any part of the content found to be offensive will also be deleted. We don't have the original thread anything you post is unable to be backed up. It wouldn't hold up in a court of law and it won't carry any weight here.

Have a good evening.

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 05:44:21 AM »

Let this thread die the death it so richly deserves. DNR should be given on this thread. It is over. I know nothing about the beginnings but I see the end. LET IT DIE!
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 06:25:39 AM »

Let this thread die the death it so richly deserves. DNR should be given on this thread. It is over. I know nothing about the beginnings but I see the end. LET IT DIE!

I second that...
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »

Wow, this thread has grown a few heads.  Anyway most of (maybe all of) what is being said here is not relevant to the core issue.  It would do all of you some good to read what I posted before:

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,79118.msg556639.html#msg556639

I will restate it again and be more specific, clearly some are confused.

Rich's posting privileges were removed because of some content in a post he made.  This content was about a woman whom was in Rich's employ.  Rich used the woman's name.  His described sexual abuse committed against her children.  It was much more lengthly than my two sentences here and more detailed.

Rich's posting privileges were removed because of this post.

While it is true that he was also posting about priests and alter boys and a few other off topic things
it was not those very off topic posts, it was the above.  That is not in any way implying that it is ok to post other off topic content in a forum that is about amateur radio amplifiers. Be those posts about flower arranging or camping or any other topic - the forum is about amplifiers.  

Rich did not have his posting privileges removed because of any of the following (and many more that I do not mention I am sure):

Because of his ongoing feud with W8JI and others.

Because of any other posters in any other threads in the last months in the amplifier forum.

Because of the QST article(s).  -- I have never read any of that myself.
(you guys can stop posting those links in this thread - it is not the reason)

Because Susan temped him into writing about some topic - she did not - see the above - she did not bring up the topic at issue.  And even if she or anyone else had it does not then make it ok to continue off topic postings. (off topic, full stop)

Because of any technical content that has been posted by him.

I am sure I could add more things here but I hope you get the point, if not start over at the top of this message and reread the reason.

As for the requests to see the parts of the thread that were off topic and removed (about 10 postings in all) I do not really see the point in that - nor a way to allow you to view the thread.

- I removed it because it has no place here on eham.net - so why would I put it back?

- I saw the content, others did too, and then I acted.  Having people review the content
  is not going to change the past actions.

- If you still feel you want to see it for whatever reason, well I am sorry, I am not going to repost it.

I would suggest contacting Rich and asking him for a copy of what he posted.  

The bottom line:

Rich made a post in the amateur radio amplifier forum that I felt went way over the line.

Based on that post I removed Rich's posting privileges.

I did this because based on that post along with past post (last few weeks and months) it is clear in my mind that Rich has trouble telling what topics should and should not be covered in the amateur radio amplifier forum - I do not trust him to not post similar content in the future.

George
K5TR
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: