Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "World's Bigggest Whiner" ...Nominations now open  (Read 2119 times)
N4UM

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »

Nominations are now being accepted for the whiner of the year award.  The DX Forum has been chosen to host this year's gala event because it seems to attract more world class whiners than any other forum on eHam.net. It was really a tough choice to hold it either here or on the Antenna Restrictions Forum since both forums seemed to be truly blessed with a great surplus of chronic complainers   

Many of our most talented whiners would surely have been on the honor roll a long time ago were it not for the incompetence, spitefulness and general attempts at sabotage on the part of their fellow amateurs.  In proposing a nominee careful consideration should be given to the nominee's demonstrated sense of righteous indignation, self importance and feelings of entitlement.  Self absorption and the absence of a sense of humor should also be noted among the defining characteristics of a world class whiner. Carefully consider both the number of whining posts as well as their severity in your decision about who you wish to nominate. 

Of course we all have a pretty good idea as to who the top few nominees should be but my unbiased sense of fairness precludes me from mentioning any names or callsigns.  Even though they may not make the DXCC honor roll, the Whiner Award may be within their grasp.

My I have the envelope please...
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »

I nominate........... Meeeeeeeeeee!
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »

Geez - another award I probably won't get . . . .  . . Oh - and I prefer the word "Sharing" or "Passion" vs. "Whining" . . .

Do stickers come with the award?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:22:34 AM by KY6R » Logged
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »

I nominate........... Meeeeeeeeeee!

Got ya beat, man!

V
KA3NRX

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »

I usually find this forum extremely informative... However tonight, hilarious.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »

Since Vince has nominated himself  Shocked , I am at a loss as to whom to nominate for this prestigious award. Hmmmm? Let's see now..... perhaps... Nah, he does not really whine, just grumble a bit.
And since I never, never whine, I just cant nominate myself. I am however, an expert Grin at bitching and moaning (different from whining??). I dont know guys, I just dont know. Wink
I am certain the eventual winner WILL be deserving of this award, tho.  73, Gene
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:53:01 PM by AF3Y » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:33:09 PM »

My wife. She whined when I groped her after getting QRP DXCC.
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »

Here's MY nomination - but I'm not sure they're HAMS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiquICTxSlc
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »

Here's MY nomination - but I'm not sure they're HAMS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiquICTxSlc

I think they are:

wh1ne and sn1vel
N8FNR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 04:59:35 PM »

My whine.
Why do losers tune up their amp on top of a DX station when the DX is working split? Can't they tune up well north of there? And usually these morons don't just do it briefly, but for minutes at a time. Is the message "yep me gotz a big amp and need to show deem losers whats me got" or what? And then I love it when they start calling the DX on his TX frequency and are splattering all over the place! Meanwhile I am tailending the last caller and getting the QSO with my lousy 100 watts from my Flex-5000.

Zack
N8FNR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: