The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL Committee for New Entry-Level License  (Read 2617 times)
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »

KL0PE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »

That reminds me of the saying, "If you design something so simple that even an idiot can use it, then only an idiot will use it."
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »

That reminds me of the saying, "If you design something so simple that even an idiot can use it, then only an idiot will use it."

i think the opposite case works better: "If you design something so complicated that only a genius can use it, then only a genius will use it."

ease of use should be a goal of design, shouldnt it Huh   ...a lot of otherwise smart people use the idiot box (my TV is on right now LOL)...  

as far as the numbers of hams -- i think unrestrained growth must not be a goal or we are logically bound to support the elimination of exams & testing.
sometimes less is more

ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

Probably the surest way...if Morse code becomes the main reason that new people become attracted to ham radio?...

Whatever it is that you are smokin,..... can I have some? Wink
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 01:58:09 PM »

as far as the numbers of hams -- i think unrestrained growth must not be a goal or we are logically bound to support the elimination of exams & testing.
sometimes less is more

Look at the CB band back in the late 70's as to what happens with unrestrained growth.  Though all those AM carriers made for a lot of hetrodyne whistles.  But SSB wouldn't cure the dirty words...    Cheesy
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: