Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand New Yeasu Fdx 9000 MP Poor Service  (Read 11502 times)
KA1CDE

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:00:35 AM »

I purchased the 9000 MP from HRO. After setting the 9000MP up I tested it, I had reports of maybe RF or some noise on my signal. I put the radio on a dummy load and and listened on a SDR 1000 receiver with a panadpter. When the radio was keyed without a mic connected and the mic input on rear 8 pin connector, there was obvious noise on the signal with nothing connected to any audio input. When switching to the front XLR connector,there was no noise at all, the tech I talked to said there has to be a problem with the connector some how, since the audio goes to a common point then goes to each audio input, since it was only one input with the problem, it must be at the connector. I made a You TUBE video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8h7phDIVg ). I contacted Yaesu repair, told them what I heard, hoping I could make a reset or something to stop the problem, this is right out of the box, brand new, what a disappointment. The tech said it needs to be returned Sad I made arrangements and sent it back. Intially I asked for my money back, Yaesu said they need to inspect the radio to see if I tampered with it and broke it.....I waited, as I waited for them to call back I called them and said after inspection I would like another NEW radio sent to me. Later with in a week I received a call from the Yaesu tech, who said they seen the video but had problems duplicating "all" the noise what they heard and seen in the utube video, they asked if I had the mic gain to high ? I said it was set for about the 10 o clock position...After this I asked again for a new radio to be shipped. The Yaesu rep said only the VP Dennis can authorize a new radio to be shipped.........From this point on I never got to talk to the rep again, I left many messages for him to call, give an update, I even had HRO involved to see if they would contact me with information....After more than a month, HRO contacting them, HRO with out an explanation either, I asked HRO for a full refund, since we could not get Yaesu to respond.... HRO did worked hard with me, made many phone calls, and refunded my money within 24 hours after requested.....We know the radio is not cheap....
I have own many a Yaesu during my 30 plus years of Amateur Radio, no one to call at Yaesu, the VP Dennis and the Yaesu Rep, just could not be found when called, only answering machines, no return calls after initial return. Disappointed beyond words....... So Gratefull that HRO stands behind there word, HRO has earned my business always, very reputable dealer, made calls after hours to try and get it resolved, worked closely with me on resolving on either getting a new radio replacement or getting my money back, it took more than a month to finally get my money, but never a call from Yaesu offering any words of any kind......I guess they really don't need everyones business, I thought I would get first class treatment, instead I got the worst service
from any company ever.....Imaging having them represent your company ?
Or maybe the VP was just busy to care about his customers who already paid for their radio.?

KUDO's to HRO   Thank you so much for being a reputable dealer....
K1WJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:18:15 AM »

It is a good thing you went through HRO, I have found them to be the best. 73 K1WJ
W3DCB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

I agree with you. HRO is absolutely the best!  I always deal with Steve at HRO in VA.  He is the ultimate professional and ALWAYS will go the extra mile to make it right.  I am so surprised over how you faired with Yaesu, however.  I had no problem with Yaesu and Denis was very responsive to  me.  I believe your post and how you describe your interactions...But there just has to be more behind this story.  I wish you all the best.  73   Daniel
KA1CDE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »

After all this time, I never heard back from Yaesu.  I have heard from others who have received excellent service from HRO, it's too bad Yaesu can offer a good product but has slipped on customer satisfaction.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »

Wow.  That is a very expensive piece of gear.  To be broken and then not get good service from Yaesu...big time kudos to HRO!
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your radio. I do think you are being unreasonable asking for a new radio from the get go. You should give Yaesu a chance to rectify your problem brfore demanding another radio. If you buy a new car and you have a problem, do you bring it into the service center and demand a new automobile without giving them a chance to fix it? If they can't fix the problem, then I think your claim for a new radio is justified. Sorry, just my opinion.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
VA3WXM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 09:10:04 AM »

Not hearing from Yaesu for a month while they've got your new radio is pretty unreasonable.
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »

HRO is my first choice for anything, especially Yaesu with their reputation for slow service and MFJ with their high defect rate.

HRO went way beyond the extra mile with that refund.  What a great group!

Sam
W9KDX
AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:11 AM »

I am sorry to hear about your radio. I do think you are being unreasonable asking for a new radio from the get go. You should give Yaesu a chance to rectify your problem brfore demanding another radio. If you buy a new car and you have a problem, do you bring it into the service center and demand a new automobile without giving them a chance to fix it? If they can't fix the problem, then I think your claim for a new radio is justified. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's not uncommon for new boards or parts to take months to arrive from Japan, plus actual repair time. He shouldn't be penalized for a defective rig. The problem needed to be fixed NOW.   
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »

When you spend upwards of 5 figures for a radio. I would expect exemplary service, and the company should bend over backwards to please a high caliber customer that purchases a top of the line piece of equipment. I have a Yaesu FT-450AT that I have had for a few years with no problems. I would think twice about upgrading to there better radio from Yaesu after reading this post. I would hate to think if I had had a problem with my inexpensive radio. How would I have been treated. Consumer satisfaction is the number one product of a company. If you loose customer satisfaction you go out of business, no mater how good your product is. I wounder how Icom or Kenwood treats its customers of its top of the line radios.

Just an opinion.

73s

K2OWK
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »

It's not uncommon for new boards or parts to take months to arrive from Japan, plus actual repair time. He shouldn't be penalized for a defective rig. The problem needed to be fixed NOW.   

Did I read this wrong?

I contacted Yaesu repair, told them what I heard, hoping I could make a reset or something to stop the problem, this is right out of the box, brand new, what a disappointment. The tech said it needs to be returned I made arrangements and sent it back. Intially I asked for my money back

All I said was that Yaesu should be given a chance to fix it before asking for a new radio. If Yaesu took a month to get back to him and the problem not solved then a new radio is in order. Thats pretty much all I said in my post.

Did I not state that clearly enough??

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 01:24:48 AM »

When you spend upwards of 5 figures for a radio. I would expect exemplary service, and the company should bend over backwards to please a high caliber customer that purchases a top of the line piece of equipment.

If a manufacturer wants to stay in business he needs to respond the same way to EVERY customer.  The size of his purchase should be inconsequential.  To those who responded otherwise, I will take great care to be sure to never purchase from a company with whom you're affiliated in a decision-making capacity.
Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: