Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM IC-7200 User Thoughts, Comments  (Read 1993 times)
WU0R

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

Yes, I know there is a feedback forum but they don't always have all the comments that some make about a radio so thought I would ask here.

What are your thoughts on the 7200 other than being smaller then your typical base, as to performance, etc.  I understand the receiver is on par with the 7410.

How well does the NR work, the filtering scheme?
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:05:08 AM »

Where did you see the comparison to the 7410?
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »

Looking at the ARRL specs plus on the air comments.
SM6XUN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

I sold my IC-7200 for a few weeks ago, that was my biggest mistake ever,
now i'm looking for another one  Wink

Without doubt it is as good as, or i some cases even better, receiver than my new FT-950.
It actually runs in circles around IC-746Pro, TS-2000, IC-756 and FT-847 and all the simpler rigs as FT-450/897/857, IC-706mkIIg and so on, i never had a chance to compare it with IC-7000 though.

This radio is great if you want a good receiver with good audio and easy connection with your computer, Ham Radio Deluxe is a dream with this radio whetehr you run rigcontrol or PSK31.
It is quiet, even under long transmissions, easy to operate and not very "deep" menus at all.

The only "drawback" i can find on this radio is that it is too small if you want a big cool radio on your desk.

edit: I only got compliments on the good audio, i did the HM-46 modification that is recommended on some of the mikes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:48:27 AM by SM6XUN » Logged
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

I have to agree. I had the FT-950 and FT-2000 and neither would handle noise well and both are well documented poor contest performers.  I don't see a need for an internal antenna tuner, and LDG's are cheap enough should I have to have one.   I never use FM but would be nice if the 7200 had it, because newer ops always ask if a radio has that mode capability.  For what teh 7200 offers, it seems quite the performer from the limited reviews I have read, ARRL Technical Review and the numbers are similar to ths 7410, a bit better then the 756PRO3 so it seems like it would be a good performer.  Have to admit, wish it was about 2 inches wider and an RF power control.

Perhaps more users will provide some comments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: