Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DO you have SW,MW Accessories you like?  (Read 9190 times)
N5RWJ

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »

Tell us about your MW and SW accessories, that you would like to tell us about?
WA4053SWL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »

Hello there,
I think I have the necessary accessories, for example, I have a filter QF-1A in my Collins R388/URR, two Timeave DSP-9 filters in my receivers JRC-525 and 75S3-B, and two Timewave noise canceller ANC-4, also a MFJ preselector, an equalizer ART 442 and David Clark military headphones and others military headset, this to HF frequencies; To MW I like to use only the Sony ICF-2010, synchronous detector does wonders, I have a Radio Shack loop antenna, but I do not use nearly, also have a Grundig Satellit 6001.
I think the best accessory is a good external antenna, but today, with all the sounds are everywhere Some accessories are also important to.
I have other receivers like Kenwood R-2000 and Icom R71A but without accessories, only Daiwa coaxial key and Belden RG8-X, also Icom R-7000 to V-UHF and Realistic Pro-2006.
The antennas I use are two T2FD and Discone Radio Shack to V-UHF.
I think I described my shack with few accessories Grin
73 to all..George
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »

MFJ-1026 noise canceller. On tap is an active antenna for use as a noise pickup.

2x Timewave DSP-599zx. These will demodulate RTTY, which can be decoded and displayed by a connected PC if you have the appropriate terminal software.

A-D DX-SWL slopers for dedicated SWBC/ute use. Most of my listening is done via the station's ham antennas but the coverage offered by the DX-SWLs comes in handy from time to time. I usually don't run any sort of passive preselector or antenna tuning network ahead on my receivers so an array which delivers max signal in the SWBCB-centered frequency ranges is often beneficial.

Modified Discone - has a VHF-lowband whip atop the disc, and an inline 10dB preamp (30-900MHz) at the feedpoint. Power dividers and additional preamps distribute the signals to the various scanner/receiver banks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:30:51 PM by N8YX » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: