Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we allow to talk to Space Aliens on HAM frequency ?  (Read 11154 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »

You can do so if you really believe that they want to talk to you.  If you do, you wouldn't be concerned with the regs anyway, now would you?   Grin
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »

Channel 19 is a pretty good watering hole for Aliens.
Not really...
http://www.setileague.org/general/waterhol.htm
 Grin

Interesting.  Can Hams utilize those frequencies?  We have made many communications breakthroughs in the past, and I wouldn't be surprised if we could be the first ones to communicate with extraterrestrials!  In fact, we should be able to reach some of those low flying UFOs with just our HTs!  Smiley

The water hole frequencies are typically allocated to radio astronomy. There are several other chunks of spectrum that are very good for radio astronomical observations. They are actually bands because while they are based upon very specific spectral bands they allocate room on each side to account for doppler shift.

You can receive all you want (and it is an important hobby somewhat related to amateur radio) but unless we have a particular allocation in that spectrum to transmit you would just end up causing QRM to radio-telescopes that have sensitivities measured in Jansky's 10-26 watt/(meter2 Hertz)

http://www.setileague.org/articles/protectd.htm

http://astrosurf.com/luxorion/radioastronomy.htm

It is likely that their communications technology is even more removed than a comparison of 100 years of technology is for us. In that time we went from spark-gap to things like OFDM.

Excellent points.  I can only imagine what Ham radio will be like in 500 years!   I wonder what my D-104 will be worth then?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »

If you ever did have contact with a UFO, the Feds might very likely be at your door, seizing your equipment, and swearing you to secrecy!

Like hell you would.
You'd be shoved in the trunk of an unmarked car,
debriefed at an unknown location, then killed & buried
deeper than Jimmy Hoffa's toenails.....maybe even your
entire family, too. (They may take pity and put them in a
psychiatric hospital for the rest of their lives.....
doing the Thorazine Shuffle.

The gov't is scared witless over the widepread panic and
social and politico-economic changes that the knowledge
that "We are not alone" would cause.

They've worked out hundreds, maybe thousands, of
 scenarios that they have on file ready for use.  I'm sure
many of them include thee use of very loud and destructive devices.
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »

I think you have to watch and match there power output. seems like a guy did that on an old "outerlimits show . the alien ened up on earth and giving  the station and city a fit . Or just listen to an obama speech or ron paul . Grin kg4ymc
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »

Gee, this one I didn't  start. A Chattahoochee ham would wonder if it was OK for his mutipersonalites  to operate his station if he was  the control operator? Cheesy
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

ONAIR,  got thru reading  SAUCER by stephen coonts,. fun read check it out . kg4ymc Smiley
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »

HEY, mabey 357 was to busy being used by the aliens to repopulate there planet to notice? Got sent home by robbie the robot? ( forbidden planet ,  for the kids out there joke ) Grin
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »

It also would seem that the aliens would have to have something more advanced than coax, since the magnetic drive would seem to cause all kinds of transmission problems ? Huh .With space time , they would probably be workig  split , 'UP  FIVE KLINGON!"   TROPO  FORCAST FOR VULCAN LOOKS GOOD  THIS YEAR.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »

http://earlyradiohistory.us/mars.htm

Never change a password on a Friday                
KG4YMC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »

AC5UP. If the president of mars trys to contact us, what does 'UH'  sound like in martian? Grin
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »

ONAIR,  got thru reading  SAUCER by stephen coonts,. fun read check it out . kg4ymc Smiley
     Thanks!  Will do.
AB9TX

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »

Any form of alien comms would be XEarthX bounce, incripted, less than qrp and wider than 3khz.   

Good luck....    "/

Earl
AB9TX
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: