Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting the magnetic tension on the Bencher Mercury and Hex Keys  (Read 1560 times)
AE3T

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »

I have one of these keys along with other magnetic keys which use opposing magnetic force to adjust for the tension. the issue with the Bencher paddle is that it uses attracting magnetic force to adjust the force required. I find that even with the magnets at their full distance for minimum force, that this force is still too great for my liking. Bencher dose not offer an alternative set of magnets with a lower force required.

My question is, has anyone found an easy way to reduce the attracting force of the magnets of these keyer paddles? A solution, but not a simple one would be to grind down one side of the magnets themselves for a lower value of force.

Any ideas. These are very nice paddles but offer a harder touch from a well designed paddle which uses opposing magnetic forces.
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »

I did it with a coil of 3 windings AWG 2 a thyristor and a battery of loaded electrolytic capacitors. Just trigger the thyristor and the magnetic force is changed. I noticed that a little plastic drawer, on the wall, filled with iron nails made a lot of noise because all nails were standing right up for a short moment.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:07:30 PM by PA0BLAH » Logged
N6TA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »

mu metal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: