Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible P5 now?!  (Read 2563 times)
AE5X

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2011, 04:12:38 AM »

I can dream, can't I?!

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:09:02 AM »

Well, you just stole my thunder.....As the Pip Squeak has assumed room temperature, I would still not count on P5 to be hitting the air anytime soon.....Unless Pip Squeak junior decides to be more like Gorby.....but then again, like I said, don't count on it!..... Roll Eyes.....

V
KA3NRX
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »

I heard a rumor that a family runs P5.  The new front man is just the tip of family control.

Bob
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »

Well, the dear departed older Kim liked Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck cartoons. Perhaps we could interest the young un in amateur radio. (?)  Maybe I will see if I can get a phone number Roll Eyes and give him a call. After an apropriate mourning period, tho, of course.  Tongue
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:29 AM »

Sorry, but it is not going to happen under the son.

NU1O
K9MRD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »

My concern is the call might be P5EMP. Angry
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:41 AM »

I heard the son was educated in Switzerland unlike his father who was educated in Moscow during the depths of the cold war. maybe he has a different perspective. But then again many of the world's a$$h--e leaders were educated in the West.
If North Korea ever did change that much it would probably reunite with the south and there would be only one Korea anyway. It will happen eventually. At some point the place will collapse. Its amazing its lasted this long. There are people there (even if only a relative few) that know what the rest of the world looks like and how behind the DPRK is.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

I heard the son was educated in Switzerland unlike his father who was educated in Moscow during the depths of the cold war. maybe he has a different perspective. But then again many of the world's a$$h--e leaders were educated in the West.
If North Korea ever did change that much it would probably reunite with the south and there would be only one Korea anyway. It will happen eventually. At some point the place will collapse. Its amazing its lasted this long. There are people there (even if only a relative few) that know what the rest of the world looks like and how behind the DPRK is.

Assad (Syria) is a Dentist who was educated in the UK.  That's not working out too well for the protesters.

The son would not have been selected in North Korea if he wasn't as ruthless as his father, or Grandfather.  One of the sons is a Playboy/Gambler in Macao, so go figure. Meanwhile it's estimated one third of the country is malnourished as he enjoys himself at the tables, and the ruling elite enjoys luxury products from the West.

Chris/NU1O
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 03:18:34 AM »

Assad (Syria) is a Dentist who was educated in the UK.  That's not working out too well for the protesters.

The son would not have been selected in North Korea if he wasn't as ruthless as his father, or Grandfather.  One of the sons is a Playboy/Gambler in Macao, so go figure. Meanwhile it's estimated one third of the country is malnourished as he enjoys himself at the tables, and the ruling elite enjoys luxury products from the West.

Chris/NU1O

Yep, typical despots.
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »

In the strange possibility that North joins the South soon, will there be any P5s before any north hams are created? And I could see the South keeping all prior north territory being P5 calls.

Also, it would be a real treat for clandestine radio stations in the North being P5s with self generated call signs for a while. Dang , that would be exciting.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 03:17:03 AM »

Why would the South want to unite with the North? How would that be beneficial to them. It would cost them trillions of dollars to bring the North up to the stone age.

The same reason West Germany and East Germany reunited. At one time there was only 1 Korea just as there was 1 Germany. Not only because of nationalism but many families were split up and even after decades the family trees are still strong. When North Korea eventually fails, it won't be long after that when there will only be 1 Korea.
The Vietnamese fought for years to reunite their country.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 06:30:27 AM »

The same reason West Germany and East Germany reunited. At one time there was only 1 Korea just as there was 1 Germany. Not only because of nationalism but many families were split up and even after decades the family trees are still strong. When North Korea eventually fails, it won't be long after that when there will only be 1 Korea.
The Vietnamese fought for years to reunite their country.

Nice answer.  The South will want to reunite despite the huge cost for all the reasons you gave.  They are all Koreans, regardless of political views.

Chris/NU1O
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 06:37:23 AM »

"The same reason West Germany and East Germany reunited. At one time there was only 1 Korea just as there was 1 Germany. Not only because of nationalism but many families were split up and even after decades the family trees are still strong. When North Korea eventually fails, it won't be long after that when there will only be 1 Korea.
The Vietnamese fought for years to reunite their country."

"Nice answer.  The South will want to reunite despite the huge cost for all the reasons you gave.  They are all Koreans, regardless of political views."

...meanwhile, somewhere in Seoul & Pyongyang, there are two S/N Koreans pontificating on the subtleties of American culture. As if they're in a position to know...

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:38:56 AM by AE5X » Logged
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »

Families in North and South Korea will be what cause re-unification - and will outlast any political system. But it may take generations.

I never thought I would have seen the wall come down in my lifetime. I started at age 11 listening to cold war era propaganda shortwave stations.

My grandfather fought for Germany in WWI, my father fought against Germany in WWII. He was in ordinance fixing tanks - landed on the beach in Normandy and pushed all the way to (heavily bombed) Stuttgart, where he gave his Grandfather (my great grandfather) a ride in his Jeep, along with all of my great grandfathers old age pensioner buddies!

When my father was very young - he lived with my great grandfather (who helped install the first steam heating in the Stuttgart Public Library). They lived in the basement - while my father waited until his father made enough $$ in the US to bring his family over.

Politically, the world keeps changing - and its always a very windy road. The middle east has only just started to change - I expect lots of change entity - wise in the next 20 years.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:58:45 AM by KY6R » Logged
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

There was a time when people would laugh at you if you mentioned a possible operation from ZA (Albania). Now they have a fairly active Ham population. Political winds change, and so it will be with North Korea. It's not a matter of if it will happen, but when.

John K7KB

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: