Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is AO27 dead?  (Read 2093 times)
AF5CC

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »

I was reading the new QST the other day about Field Day and satellites, and it said that the only FM satellite that is operational is SO50.  Did AO27 die?  I hadn't heard about that if it did.  I had some great QSOs on it and it was a fun satellite. When did it die?  RIP old friend, if you are a silent key.

73 John AF5CC
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »

On or about October 5th 2012 AO-27 went off-line. The control operators have tried repeatedly to reload the operating software, with no joy.

They had it running for about 24 hours on October 15th, and it crashed again the next day.

From the debug info they loaded with the new kernel, it appears to be locking up when it fetches the telemetry data from the hardware.

The latest report, as of June 6th, follows:

"We are in the process of repairing the ground station and writing new code for the bird. It will still be several months before we know if it is possible to recover, we don't know yet.
We can command it just fine, we just can't run high level code until we find ourt why it keeps crashing. We will have news when there is some to report but right now there is just a lot of work going on behind the scenes. "

Looks like it might be a long process to get it back, if they can recover it at all.

Keep posted by checking the AO-27 website here:

http://www.ao27.org/AO27/index.shtml

73, Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: