Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco DX-70T  (Read 1858 times)
DL9SFE

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »

Hello all,
i have here an ALINCO DX-70T, the one with 10 Watt on 6m.
How can i set the Output-Power for the "Low" Setting?
The H/L function is not working properly, e.g. in position H on 80 meters  the TX delivers 100 Watt,
in position L it delivers 80 Watt. I need 10 Watt for tuning my SGC-239.

Please help!
Thank you, 73 Elmar
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:38 AM »

On my dx-70th there is a button on the front panel, used in conjunction with the function button.  This switches the power from 10 to 100 watts.  Are you doing this?  There is also a micro slide switch in the radio, on the board that limits high power to 50 watts max on high and 5 watts on low. 
If you are doing this then I suspect there might be a problem with one of your buttons.
Hope this helps.  Cheers, Scott.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »

There are also trimmers - potentiometers - inside that can be used to set the Low and High power respectively.  Some may have fixed resistors installed, these may be replaced with potentiometer, or with different value fixed resistor to achieve the desired output for the setting. 

Do an online search for the Service Manual or Schematic to locate these. 

Avoid the urge to set the Hi to anything more than about 100W level or risk blown finals...

KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »

How do you measure the output power? Do you use a dummy load? May be there is really some fault and not just an incorrect measurement. Is it still under warranty?
The service manual does not say much about the adjustments. It seems pretty simple. You really need to check the schematics which are not contained in my copy of the service manual.
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »

The best power measurement technique I've come across is here:

http://www.ab4oj.com/test/pwrmeas.html

Tanakasan
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »

Service Manual I've got here has it listed under the "Alignment" section.

Item 8 -- Transmission Adjustment

Involves VR5, VR6, VR7 & VR8 in FM mode and requires first a Current meter inline with the power and then a good known accurate Wattmeter. 

p.47 of the manual I've got, may be on a different page for a different manual. 

Don't just start in twisting those pots, it is important to read and understand the entire procedure first, pay attention to the order in which these adjustments must be done as well as the required external and internal switch settings for each adjustment.  Failure to do so can result in a cooked set of final$$$$.

KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »

I downloaded the very same service manual. They are talking about a power meter which must be connected to the antenna terminal. So this must be one with a dummy load. By any means it is no good to measure power using the antenna. That's why I'd like to know how he does actually measure.
Merry Christmas to all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: