Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I want Santa Claus to bring me this Christmas  (Read 1912 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »

Hi Santa
I only want 2 things for Christmas this year.
1.   I would like for every amateur that likes to tune their amp up on the frequency of another station, especially a rare dx station, to purchase and learn to use a dummy load.  The annoyance it causes to me when I wish to work that particular station is tremendous.  It’s rude and inconsiderate to anyone that might be listening.  If the individual /s can afford to purchase an amplifier, then they should have enough money to purchase a dummy load!
2.   Almost everyone understands the benefit of beacons but I would like for the beacons transmitting on the 30 meter band to locate to another band.  30 meters is a very narrow band and at times there isn’t enough room for all the amateurs wishing to use the band.  One beacon on 10.126 MHz +/- depending on the mode, transmits such a strong carrier that I must avoid approximately 1 kc on either side of the frequency occupied by the beacon in order to communicate.  That is very inconsiderate.

:)Merry Christmas AJ4RW Randy
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »

I would like a FT-818 to replace the FT-817 !
AK4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:29 PM »

People not tuning up on frequency is more of a stocking stuffer. But it would be a good one!

If Santa would leave me a nice satellite antenna system built around the Yaesu G5500... he could install it while he's on the roof. That'd be nice.

Or perhaps the Icom 9100.

Or maybe a couple hundred feet of LMR-900 cable.

Or a Heil Proset-IC.

I have been a VERY good boy this year ;-) And, if Santa doesn't agree, a used packet modem would be good.

73 and Merry Christmas, y'all!
Chris
AK4KZ
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:22:58 PM by AK4KZ » Logged
KD6KWZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

I have a manual antenna tuner, but I go off the desired frequency 5-10 KHz to avoid such. Yet, someone just yesterday happened to start tuning & test right on a station I was trying to get! I yelled a quick "frequency in use!", & that got him to switch elsewhere.

One of those Alinco HF rigs looks nice right now. I can't run bone crushing power here, so it would work nicely here.

I could use a variance with the local Home Owners Asc. to put up a monster yagi antenna.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:19:26 AM »

I'd be happy to have good health once again. Although I'm having cataract operations in January which should help...
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »

The heck with the ham gear. I'd be happy if Santa would just bring me a regular full time job. Being out of school for 8 months after graduating in the medical field and no hits for a job after applying every week is starting to get old. Working 2 days a week for chump change right now just ain't going very far.

The way it's going I'm gonna have to start selling my ham gear before long.

ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »

I'd like a nice blonde!  The brunette is starting to get on my nerves!  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: