Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW - Help Needed!  (Read 2913 times)
AG5T

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »

I never received a TQ6 file in my email, so how can I use Logbook of the World? I used it previously but then my computer crashed and all the TQ files were corrupted. It says I can't load a log without having the certificate. When it works it seems to work ok, but I guess you can't use lotw if you can't the certificate. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »

Assuming you have downloaded the software and followed the instructions to this point follow these instructions: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/Getting%20Started%20Instructions/Load%20and%20Save%20Your%20Certificate.pdf
You use the TQSL Certificates program to load the TQ6 file.

If you do not have the software installed yet: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Step%201%20Download%20Software.pdf

All the instructions are here: http://www.arrl.org/instructions
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:41:47 PM by WW3QB » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:48:03 AM »

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the TQSL software, if your drive really crashed and has physical problems.  I'm pretty sure you can get your existing certificates by downloading them from the LOTW website.  GL!
AG5T

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »

Thanks. I downloaded the certificate from the lotw website. I tried to install it to the TQSL cert program and it said there were two user errors. Tried to sign a .adi file and it still says I have no certificates. Guess i will have to contact arrl.
AG5T

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

Completely reinstalled the TQSL program and downloaded my .tq6 certificate file from the lotw web site. The circle with a line through it still does not change to a ribbon. When I try to load the certificate it says no certificates loaded and says there are two errors. -- I am going to contact the ARRL. If it still doesn't work I am going to give up.
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

Completely reinstalled the TQSL program and downloaded my .tq6 certificate file from the lotw web site.

I don't think it works that way.  From the ARRL website:

Certificate or Private Key Not Found

When a certificate request is made a TQ5 file is created that you send to LoTW.  In response a TQ6 file is sent back to you.  These files contain unique keys therefore the TQ6 file must match the TQ5 which made the request.

This message occurs when a TQ6 file cannot find the matching file which made the certificate request.

Some causes for this error message are that the TQ5 file was deleted before the TQ6 file was loaded, you are attempting to load the TQ6 file into a computer that did not make the original TQ5 request, you made a new certificate request before the first request was processed.

If you receive this message click OK and continue loading the certificate file.  If you do not acheive a gold ribbon certificate then request a new certificate.

The simplest solution to most certificate issues is to request a new certificate.

The best way to avoid this type of problem is to create a backup of your certificate using tqslcert.exe.  Highlight your certificate then save.  This will create a p12 file which can be imported or moved to another computer.

Unfortunately in your situation I think you're going to have to request a new certificate.

73,  Alan  N5NA
AG5T

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »

Found the problem - computer has a virus and a lot of programs are infected. Now it won't even run Internet Explorer. I need to get the computer cleaned. -- Good news is that an old laptop had the tsql program on it - and it still worked, so I guess I will have to enter my logs that way, at least temporarily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: