Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? single or dual paddle  (Read 2612 times)
AF4OD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 07:50:24 PM »

Hello Chuck
   I dont know if you belong to a ham club, but if you do or if you know some hams in your area, i bet you could ask to borrow a spare paddle to get on the air cheap. I see benchers laying around ham shacks all over that are not being used. Most elmers will let you use them just cause you want to work some cw. You'll like paddles over the straight key. Your speed will really increase if that is what you wish. eventually, try to find a bug, and learn it also. That is a whole different animal!

73 es GL   af4od
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 03:45:29 PM »

KB1LKR asked: "Wouldn't a DPDT switch in the line to the keyer been an easier way to reverse it?"

Electronic keyer paddles can be reversed electrically, however K7KBN was talking about a semi-automatic key, or "bug" which is a mechanical device that keys the transmitter directly just as a straight key does.

Chuck  NI0C
KA9KQH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 10:03:57 AM »

I have an MFJ paddle that I use for my occasional forays into CW. Though I predominatly am right handed I send left handed a lot and faciliate that by doing what that Radioman did...just spin the paddles around so my brain doesn't ahve to thing too much about what I'm doing...I just send...it is easier than most people think.

The advantage to sending "weak handed" is that you don't have to set your pencil down.

de KA9KQH
K3QS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »

I think you'll like the iambic method with the dual paddle.

BTW, when you learn to copy in your head, you won't have to pick up the pencil and sending with either hand will be easy.

73, Doug
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: