The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HF PSK31 cheap radio that works well enough on 20M?  (Read 2628 times)
N1KTJ

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:55 AM »

Does anyone have a suggestion for a mobile HF SSB radio that is cheap and works well enough to handle PSK31?  I am getting choices for radios in the $600 to $800 range, when I really want something a lot less costly.  Am likely going to dedicate a radio and a signalink to PSK31, so need something that is reliable.  Something that can be mobile too and is just not a big footprint of a beast (not large size).

Also would be great of I could reconfigure and use it as something else later.  Was looking at the MFJ 4020 rig, but that needs modification to handle the smaller bandwidth well, and it does not have frequency stability.  But reading maybe some PSK31 software can compensate for that?

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »

You got several answers on QRZ when you posted an identical question.

M0GVZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:25:41 PM »

Anything that can transmit and receive SSB will do the job, just go through the mike input and speaker output. If the interface you're using provides line level output you'll need to use a T pad to drop the output from the 1V line level down to something that the mic input will be happy with. Bob Heil has been talking about that in the last two episodes of Ham Nation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: