The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Radio, Inc. = EXCELLENT!  (Read 56837 times)
K4MZR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »

I've dealt with Universal Radio as a shortwave enthusiast and, more recently, as a ham. All my interactions have been excellent. The folks have been more than willing to answer questions and offer advice over the phone and all my orders have gone smoothly and have arrived quickly. In one instance there was a question about my payment method and I got a friendly phone call to sort things out the day after placing the order. My only critique: offer free shipping on larger purchases like your big competitors!
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »

That's part of their pricing strategy. They catch some  of the people comparing prices, without figuring in the shipping and handling.

Seems most places send orders over $100 without charging for shipping.
VE7ZN

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

Very disappointed with Universal Radio. I have purchased from them several times over the years, the most recent purchase being a Kenwood MC-60 mic. Imagine my surprise when I recently ordered a new Kenwood MC-43s for one of my radios to replace my old mic, only to be told several days after I had ordered it (and hearing nothing from Universal, only AFTER I emailed them to ask the status), that they won't ship to US Postal Boxes or US mail handlers. Wow! They said they would be happy to ship to me in Canada for an extra $33. I bet they would. News flash Universal: some of us won't pay $33 for a $59 mic just to get it. Their excuse was as silly as the fact that they'd previously sold me the MC-60 (and other products) AND DELIVERED to my US mail handler, just south of where I live. So, Universal I give you zero for inconsistent policies, policies that make no sense (especially in today's world of online shopping) and an A for BS. I will never buy from you again and I will advise my fellow amateurs to buy elsewhere too.  Angry
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »

I just received a Drake 2C and matching speaker from Universal.  They were described as being in “good“ condition in their used equipment list.  NOT!!  I would describe the condition as “near mint”, both cosmetically and operationally.  I’ve placed quite a few orders with Universal, and will continue to do so.  They stock a lot of small items you won’t find at Gigaparts and other dealers.  BTW, my next order will include the recently updated edition of their classic “Shortwave Receivers, Past and Present”. 
VE7ZN

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »

No, this doesn't appear to be part of a pricing strategy. Here is their response to my email enquiry as to the status of my order.

Thank you for your recent online order for the Kenwood MC43S hand mic. Please note that our store does not ship orders to freight or mail forwarder or private mailbox services, such as the UPS Store, Mailboxes Etc and others. The following quote is for shipping your order to your Canadian billing address.

Priority International Mail post will cost $33.00 USD to send the complete order. This is the least expensive postal option we have available for sending this order to Canada. These postage costs are in addition to the cost of the items ordered.

All amounts quoted are in U.S. Dollars. For questions regarding exchange rates between U.S. Dollars and your local currency, please contact your bank. For questions regarding VAT, brokerage fees or other taxes that may be charged on imports into your country, please contact your local customs office.

Please note that items we sell are designed for the USA market and may not function properly in other countries. Warranty coverage is valid only in the USA. European customers please note that the products we sell are generally not CE certified and may not pass customs.

So, according to their response, if I was a W7 living in a remote part of WA, using a mail service, they still wouldn't ship to me. Really guys?!?$&?!

No, this is a STUPID policy put forward by a very STUPID company.

Robert
VE7ZN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 06:22:03 PM »

One other thing: Kenwood didn't make a "US version" MC-43s and a different "Canadian version" MC-43s. Like I said: STUUUUUUUPPPPIIIIDDDDD!

Robert
N3IDG

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »

The worst cats every were on the loose in the store. Cats on the counters were they are trying to sell equipment. Not a lot in the show room. And they are still writing the receipts on a two part form. Will not go back . It was a bad experience ,will be spending my money elsewhere .
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: