donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ  (Read 140693 times)
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »

My experience with MFJ communications: Phone best, Tue.-Thur. 2 PM EST, Monday and Friday forget it. Something about the slow pace of life and every thing else in general down there in Mississippi.

This is as full of bullshit as a Christmas turkey. What regional prejudice!

Frank
K4FMH
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:24 AM »

My experience with MFJ communications: Phone best, Tue.-Thur. 2 PM EST, Monday and Friday forget it. Something about the slow pace of life and every thing else in general down there in Mississippi.

Frank
K4FMH

Hi,

I would have thought that a writer/journalist would have been more articulate.

John
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »

That's great that Mr. Stone is doing a good job, and it's nice that you have said so. The question is, how to reconcile the good reports with the bad ones. If there are very good people working there, as you have testified to, then for some reason their good customer performance attitudes are not being passed on to others in the company. Perhaps there is no budget for meetings or training or mentoring along these lines at MFJ, we can only speculate as to why. But there appears to be a stark contrast between the "good" and the "bad" at MFJ.

Yes, well stated.  I don't think there should be lots of latitude in consideration given to them, though.  They know what they're doing, and have been in business a long time.  If quality was their overriding goal (like DX Engineering), they would have figured it out by now.  MFJ knows their market niche, and runs their business model accordingly.  They appeal to a lower-end customer who's mostly cost-focused and can accept most screw-ups without killing their business, because people will keep coming back for their inexpensive stuff.

I guess the only thing that gets annoying are the offended customers who make it sound as though they wanted a Ferrari and can't understand why they ended up with a Yugo.

N2CEC

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »

I am very disappointed in what I use to believe was a trustworthy company. The first rg 213 cable I received had braid exposed at the connector. The replacement has a defective connector where it is not able to attach to the so 239. I was told by MFJ they outsource this. In need of a serious QC evaluation.
KD2CTY

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »

I am happy with the MFJ products that I have purchased.  My antenna tuner works really well.  My multiband dipole works great.  MFJ has always been helpful on the phone.  I ordered a morse code keyer and I opened the package when I was outside the car.  It was extremely windy and the spring for the keyer was blown away by the wind. I called up MFJ and they shipped a replacement spring out at no charge.
When I lose parts, the replacement parts are economical to reorder.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »

I've been blessed, but every MFJ product I've owned has worked fine.  When a problem has come up, they have taken care of it. Perhaps their quality control is a bit lacking, but I wonder if they were "perfect" if they'd be competitive and still in business, or selling gear at low prices?  Hams are cheap. You get what you pay for. When you buy based on price, be thankful that the company offers a "no matter what" guarantee.  MFJ fills a niche market for hams, and their line has only grown and expanded. Ten Tec made great gear, but where are they today?  MFJ is still here... that says a lot.
KA4ETV

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2016, 07:23:14 PM »

Mr. Hall,

Your comments about MFJ being "another Chinese ripoff company" are about as ascinine as a comment that you're a KKK member because you live in Kennesaw GA! Mr. Jue is from Indianola MS and, to my knowledge, has only visited China once.  I'm sure that Richard Stubbs, head of Customer Service, did forward your email to Martin. The President of five companies must delegate certain activities to subordinates. Do you call Ray Novak at Icom because a cable was omitted from your Icom order? And he's not close to being the CEO!

When you buy via a reseller, that's your point of contact regarding sale? Why should you expect Yaesu to send you a mic omitted from a FT-857D if you ordered it from HRO? MFJ doesnt have your money; HRO does!

MFJ is far from being a joke. They are a fine American company where someone turned a hobby into a company so successful that he didn't have time to write a dissertation to complete his Ph.D. In E.E.! Most companies, especially those with thin profit margins and high volume, will have QC issues. They have the same guarantee that Walmart does: a 'no matter what' return policy.

Have a nice day.

Frank
K4FMH

MFJ is a real joke. This is another Chinese rip off company. The products are not anywhere near what the ratings claim.

Complete junk.

Frank you must have a siphon hooked up to Mr. Jue's rear end. I met him in person and told him this stuff is a mess and he openly admitted that QC has been a problem over the years. You have a strange obsession with MFJ. You must be on their payroll. For a guy who is supposedly a District Director for the ARRL you are certainly biased in your opinions and have a penchant for attacking anyone who disagrees with you about MFJ. Believe me all you have to do is read a few reviews and you will see you are way off base. Also using profanity on the Eham site is another example of your poor communication skills. Yet you blather on in your profile about being a scientist, college professor, and author. No wonder American colleges and universities are the cesspools they are today with folks like you working there. FYI most of this junk is manufactured in China. So I stand by my statements. Calling someone a Klan member because I live in a town that has conservative values is another example of your idiocy. Do us all a favor and get a life pal. Also I would suggest that the ARRL relieve you of any positions you hold with that organization. You are one sorry ambassador for that outfit.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2016, 07:28:43 AM »

Yep, very well put. 
KC8HS

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »

Sometimes when reading this, it seems all we lack is a like button.  Oh, btw Frank are you going to have MFJ beef up security again this year in case I go to Dayton ? haha
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »

I don't know about Frank....just don't know.  <SMH>

W0AEW

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »

Frank
K4FMH

Well, no wonder you're upset. I would be too if I sat down to a Thanksgiving dinner and the main course was a turkey full of poo.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »

Frank
K4FMH

I take that back, recently have had pretty good luck on Friday AMs also
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:44:00 AM by W1JKA » Logged
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2016, 05:06:16 PM »

How fitting. I received an mfj852 today from hro. MISSING THE TELESCOPIC ANTENNAS. I've submitted a help ticket with them on their website but really this is downright ridiculous and manufacturing 101 says you check what's in the box before you tape it shut.

Very disappointed I spent money on a product and now have to chase them for what was supposed to be included to use it.

Absolutely no excuse for this. Whoever put this in the box and taped it shut either needs more supervision and training or just needs to lose their job due to carelessness period.

I've stuck by mfj many times on here over the years as my posts show. Still shaking my head.
KC8HS

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2016, 08:07:21 AM »

It is so unlike Frank not to be responding.  Do you suppose MFJ has finally given him a gag order. (long overdue btw)
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »

LOL!

Or, maybe Frank's busy in his shack fixing his MFJs.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:10:23 AM by K9MHZ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: