Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Romney says "Hams are not needed" with agitation.....  (Read 51751 times)
CBISBACK

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »

"What do you think?"

I think you EMCOM people need to get a life.

Just a bunch of wannbes who think you're important.

LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »

This is 2012 and Ham radio simply does not have the clout in this area it once did and is being phased out like it or not.
If that were true, then wouldn't it be a good thing if Romney had wanted to cut it back?
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »

Well he don't think much of our space program, saying he would fire anyone bring up the subject of a base on the moon .

Or ROMNEY SAYS BY BY TO NASA
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:09:09 PM by N5RWJ » Logged
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »

I think I see a pattern here:
 Sad "Romney wants more robust public service communications."
 Shocked "Romney will ban emcomm and sell the amateur frequencies"

Sad "Romney won't colonize the Moon within eight years"
 Shocked "Romney will close down all space activity"

Sad "Romney wants to make it easier to replace our insurance providers and get better deals"
 Shocked "Romney wants us all to lose our jobs"
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

I think I see a pattern here:
 Sad "Romney wants more robust public service communications."
 Shocked "Romney will ban emcomm and sell the amateur frequencies"

Sad "Romney won't colonize the Moon within eight years"
 Shocked "Romney will close down all space activity"

Sad "Romney wants to make it easier to replace our insurance providers and get better deals"
 Shocked "Romney wants us all to lose our jobs"
  Everyone seems to be overlooking the three most important questions about a Romney Presidency!   1)   Since he is known to be a CBer, does he stay within the legal output power limit?  2)  Is his modulation under 100%, and  3)  Is he a Freebander?     IMHO, an incorrect response to any of those questions, would immediately disqualify him as a potential candidate.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2012, 06:09:08 AM »

Romney will try to sell anything for a quick buck regardless of long term fallout from it. It is who he is.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »

Romney will try to sell anything for a quick buck regardless of long term fallout from it. It is who he is.

Got that right!

In fact I just watched candidate for president Romney state "he is "not" worried about the poor". He also doesn't think there are holes in the so called safety net for the poor.

Let's clarify a couple things. We may not be destitute but we are the poor. The 95% of Americans are poor by the 1% wealthy standards. To say what he said pertaining to amateur radio, paid only 14.5% in taxes to our broken down economic country and now he's not worried about the poor.

LOL! this guys is something else and all the idiot poor/middle brain washed fools are buying his crap and voting for him. Idiots!!
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »

I wouldn't buy a used car (or ham rig, for that matter) from any of the current crop of politicians in either party!

Well, maybe I'd consider buying from Ron Paul, so long as I have a free day to go over it with a fine-tooth comb...
KC0SHZ

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

Ham radio will not be very useful in a mega disaster, but nothing will.   Ham radio, inc (ARRL, ARES) misses the point that its not the communication function that is needed, but the state of mental preparedness that is needed.

How many of us have multiple sets of screwdrivers or multitools?  Most of us.  This week on GIZMODO (a website for the geek community), there was an article about tools and what kind you should have.   Seriously, a website for IT geeks had to have a piece on screwdrivers.   Would such a piece be needed here?

Ham radio promotes self dependency because its fun to build antennas and talk to the world on them.  We build up tool supplies and batteries because we use them.   In an emergency, your solar battery charger that you use for Field Day may charge a baby monitor or provide energy for a nebulizer.   You have these things because they are toys to you and me. 

Whether we are actually doing comms work, this is a great hobby to relax for a while and cruise 20 meters.  In a pinch we might be needed.  If not, then I know that if my neighbors have a problem, I probably have the tools to help them.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

Ham radio will not be very useful in a mega disaster, but nothing will.   Ham radio, inc (ARRL, ARES) misses the point that its not the communication function that is needed, but the state of mental preparedness that is needed.

How many of us have multiple sets of screwdrivers or multitools?  Most of us.  This week on GIZMODO (a website for the geek community), there was an article about tools and what kind you should have.   Seriously, a website for IT geeks had to have a piece on screwdrivers.   Would such a piece be needed here?

Ham radio promotes self dependency because its fun to build antennas and talk to the world on them.  We build up tool supplies and batteries because we use them.   In an emergency, your solar battery charger that you use for Field Day may charge a baby monitor or provide energy for a nebulizer.   You have these things because they are toys to you and me. 

Whether we are actually doing comms work, this is a great hobby to relax for a while and cruise 20 meters.  In a pinch we might be needed.  If not, then I know that if my neighbors have a problem, I probably have the tools to help them.

You are absolutely correct! For one exception.

I don't know how many times I need to emphasize that it's not about dependency of EMMCOMM. The bigger picture is how important the value of Emmcomm is to our nation ,culture and moral value. It may be a small role but it plays its part sychologically. As well as a political question we need to address due to our economical status where Emmcomm within our community has it's value.

Why should any president due away with a system that other organizations like Red Cross and FEMA agree has it's value?

Is it smart to spend, spend and spend more out of recourses already in dyer turmoil when it's already free?

System isn't broke so why fix it even if a government run communication system is in place that as you said wouldn't even help in the worst of natural Diaster acurr's ,or man made?

Volunteers of EMMCOMM being ham radio operators show that the commited humanitarian patriotic duty of Americans is alive and well even today. Willing to give up time when in need at a moments notice for what ever it's worth. It shows the people of this country by example that Americans are willing to serve their communities and country willingly. We don't need to be dependent on government or government funding. That keeps our nation cost down is one of the parts we play.

Today the government wants to control more the mass's by making us feel we need to depend on them. We don't!!!

That's the point you and many are missing!

How much more clearer does do we need to make you guys realize it's not abou a bunch of geeks playing rescue 911. Its a bigger picture than that and I'm not even an EMMCOMM guy and I see the value of not letting government step all over us and some nit wit like governor Romney talk out his behind.

73!

K3LUE

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2012, 08:24:25 AM »

The fact that he said this in 2005, before then or since then is absolutely irrelevant. The fact is he said it, it's his opinion and the way he feels. Guess he's still miffed his daddy didn't buy him that Collins station way back when.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »

The fact that he said this in 2005, before then or since then is absolutely irrelevant. The fact is he said it, it's his opinion and the way he feels. Guess he's still miffed his daddy didn't buy him that Collins station way back when.
  Romney is actually still angry because his dad didn't get him that Browning Eagle 23!  It is now completely obvious that since his anti-Ham comments came out, he is beginning to lose in the primaries.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »

Romney is actually still angry because his dad didn't get him that Browning Eagle 23!  It is now completely obvious that since his anti-Ham comments came out, he is beginning to lose in the primaries.

Actually it's because of his comment about not caring or worrying about the poor. Just another one of his stupid commments that he tried retracting. Cough....excuse me! His speakers for him tried retracting the statement.

He's an imbecile!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48:06 AM »

Since those comments came out in 2005, your statement about him losing in the primaries is somewhat--shall we say--irrelevant.  He has made many, many statements that have come back to bite him in his rear end, yet he still does win enough to be considered the Republican frontrunner. 

Still, it's a sorry state of affairs in this country that such a man--with his checkered record and past--should be considered a frontrunner for the presidential nomination of one of the two major political parties today.
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »

I don't think Ham's will a problem,when he find out we work for free. Shocked
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: