Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Romney says "Hams are not needed" with agitation.....  (Read 50083 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »

I don't think Ham's will a problem,when he find out we work for free. Shocked
   Free??   This equipment cost me a small fortune!  It is actually costing us money to work for them!!  Sad
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »

Hit piece.  And what do we all think about Obama's administration wanting to BAN mobile operation? 
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »

Hit piece.  And what do we all think about Obama's administration wanting to BAN mobile operation? 

That's a pretty broad statement and misleading.

I'm sure it's more pertaining to cell phone mobile use and mobile tablets but still a narrow category of hand held electronics.

Besides if you havent heard the state of Illinois said "no" to banning operating mobile transceivers operated by FCC licensed operators including CB radio in their latest amendments.

If you wanna start that topic I suggest you check out the "mobile ham" category. You'll find all your questions answered there. Besides this thread is about Romney and his possible threat to a well structured life saving system he thinks he doesn't need.

73!
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »

I don't think Ham's will a problem,when he find out we work for free. Shocked
   Free??   This equipment cost me a small fortune!  It is actually costing us money to work for them!!  Sad

I have to disagree with the "working for them" statement.

Those who "volunteer" do so as an obligation and committed duty to assisting their country and community in time of need in what ever big ,or small situation arises. If it were "work" you'd be compensated by way of salary.

Let's not forget that Ham's represent and are an "Ambassador of Good Will" community ready and willing to volunteer our time and radio gear for any situation. That's what it's all about and we should be proud that we are skilled and knowledgeable enough to make a difference for everybody. We can do it better than anybody!

73!

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

As opposed to one whose self proclaimed mentor and spiritual advisor taught him to sing "Goddamn America" and who has a close political ally whos only regret about bombing the pentagon was that he didn't set off enough bombs?

No, not as opposed.  We haven't had a decent president--or even a decent presidential contender since before 1960.  And yes, that includes JFK.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »

As opposed to one whose self proclaimed mentor and spiritual advisor taught him to sing "Goddamn America" and who has a close political ally whos only regret about bombing the pentagon was that he didn't set off enough bombs?

A year or so ago I was flipping channels and came across a short video piece on a local university station... Time filler, just music and pictures, recreating the golden days of the Old South. Mint Juleps on the veranda, Tennessee Walkers in the pasture, and everything was just as neat & tidy as you can imagine. My, My, My.

Couldn't help but wonder if the same perception of 'Southern Culture' illustrated by that video is shared by those of the negro persuasion.

For some Americans, "Goddamn" is putting it politely. http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/g_l/lynching/lynch_01.jpg

But don't you worry....... Ol' Mittens will unleash the campaign hounds from the roof of his station wagon in time for Super Tuesday and as every good conservative knows, there is nothing more powerful in Republican politics than campaign visits and endorsements from Darth Dick Cheney and boy wonder George W Bush!

[/snark]

Never change a password on a Friday                
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »

No, not as opposed.  We haven't had a decent president--or even a decent presidential contender since before 1960.  And yes, that includes JFK.

The GOP hasn't had a real, honest-to-goodness statesman since Goldwater.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 03:29:59 AM »

I agree with you based on historical documentary's. Sometimes I read about some of our past presidents and speechs and realize that not only did they follow through with what they said ,but truely believed in saying it. They had their hands on truely morally building a great nation and when they spoke you can tell they each well thought out what they said by searching deep in their heart and soul.

Today our presidents look for words of wisdom through professional motivational speakers. It is known that they have speech advisors.

Romney doesn't think before he speaks and that's clear to me. He may seem to be great with numbers which has been proven based on how he's been able to mask his wealth in off shore accounts to pay only 14.5% in taxes ,but surely that's because he's a business man. As well as laws that are made to be broken for guys like him which only the wealthy could possibly attain without repercussion.

If he really wants to earn my trust as president I'd like him to start being honest with the rest of his wealthy buddies in his wealth category to pay the same taxes I'm paying. If their making so much money it can't hurt them. He's got over 100,000,000. Dollars sitting in accounts doing nothing and he made a lot of it off our blue collar backs. He should contribute back into our deficit that he and his buddies created. CONTRIBUTE ROMNEY, CONTRIBUTE!!

If you think about it all presidential candidates are scrutinized for their faults. When you have so many in the running and one paticular (like Romney) is already be pointed out for their faults and creating controversy before he even gets into the White House, there's a big problem! A red flag it is!

Yet, people will still vote for him. How crazy is that?

What do men of wealthy blue blood line at birth right understand anything of the poor or middle class? They couldn't possibly unless they walked not the "blue blood" line but the "blue collar" line.

73!
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 02:27:18 PM »

Looking at it from the outside, Romney's "faults" look pretty silly, and especially the one that started this thread. Somehow trying to twist his words into being anti-amateur radio when he was answering a provocative question about the resiliency of public service communications. If he were to say he wouldn't rely on the National Guard to provide day-to-day policing, would you call him anti-military on that basis?

I remember back in 2000, debating with some animal rights activists online who thought Al Gore was too soft on whaling so they'd vote for Bush instead. This discussion reminds me on this one. And we all know it was pretty close in 2000.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

I remember back in 2000, debating with some animal rights activists online who thought Al Gore was too soft on whaling so they'd vote for Bush instead. This discussion reminds me on this one. And we all know it was pretty close in 2000.

You do know that several months later that they "unofficially" manually recounted by hand WHOLE state of Florida and that indeed Gore did win popular vote there even with a lot of votes still thrown out but it was too late and was swept under carpet too by GOP. Gore mistake was not letting them certify count THEN ask for a state wide recount rather than fussing about a few counties and draw out certification and closing window time for a full recount. They also found out in 2004 that computer voting left no paper trail and was easy to compromise.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »

Looking at it from the outside, Romney's "faults" look pretty silly, and especially the one that started this thread. Somehow trying to twist his words into being anti-amateur radio when he was answering a provocative question about the resiliency of public service communications. If he were to say he wouldn't rely on the National Guard to provide day-to-day policing, would you call him anti-military on that basis?

LMAO!

Im just gonna say it. Your an idiot! It's gonna serve you right since your remark deserves a response.  Wink

Hypocrite talking about others twisting words. Clearly you haven't read most of your own posts. It's obvious your being very hipocritical. Doesn't surprise me though.

You remind me of a French women that I knew who would always ridicule the way our country was run and the people in it. Always had something sarcastic to say ,but really didn't know what it's been like to be a "tax paying citizen" in this country, but seemed to know better than everyone else.

Point is you always have a sarcastic remark to say and nothing of intelligence, common sense, or logic to contribute and yes....a foreign call sign. Hmmm!

All this reminded me of you when W8JX made a very good point that proves the stuff coming out of your mouth should be coming out the other end. How is it that you would side with Bush after 8 years of turmoil and didn't even help what so ever with the whale industry issue. None what's so ever!! People were right about him on many levels and predicted it before he stole office.

Just like you couldn't reflect back with common sense to realize Bush politically ambushed and stole Florida from Gore. Complete utter corruption in plane sight but you can't even see that.

I don't think you should be giving any advice about Romney. Romney stuck his foot in his mouth again with the whole "I'm not worried about the poor" issue. Even the experts who know more than you and I say he screwed up. Creating all this controversy and he hasn't even made it to the White House yet. God help us if he does!

So as a passionate ham operator I show concern. That was the reason for the topic but like always you'll have trolls. All this and I'm sure you still won't even see that not only was he an idiot for the ham Emmcomm remark but he continues to prove my point over and over again.

Gezzz! Need I say more? What don't you understand? LOL!  Roll Eyes

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »

Im just gonna say it. Your an idiot!

If there is any "idiots" here it should be the person that looses temper and resorts to name calling.

You should read the link below and calm your temper. Lot of smoke and mirrors in that vote tabulation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »

Im just gonna say it. Your an idiot!

If there is any "idiots" here it should be the person that looses temper and resorts to name calling.

You should read the link below and calm your temper. Lot of smoke and mirrors in that vote tabulation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000

Name calling is my favorite part. I call it has I see it and if you haven't noticed he insulted me first. HELLLOOOO!!

Another one!!

That web site means nothing to me. It's clearly just documenting the final results in way of how they masked what actually happened. Either way numbers can always be fudged of course especially after the debochery.

I may not be quick to just yell conspiracy but this would not be the thread to prove or disprove a conspiracy theory ,or fact of event taking place. We all know that at that time the nation screamed corruption.

Plain and simple!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:06:41 PM by N2RRA » Logged
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2012, 01:47:57 AM »

W8JX, you agree that it was a close election in 2000, right? For the purpose of this discussion, that's all we have to agree on.
How is it that you would side with Bush after 8 years of turmoil and didn't even help what so ever with the whale industry issue. None what's so ever!!
Well it seems in your furious anger you're making my point for me: The people who voted for Bush because they thought Al Gore was too soft on whaling ended up voting for a candidate who has had an even weaker animal rights/environmental policy in their eyes. So not only is it a wedge issue, it's a false wedge issue. That's why I brought up that example here. If you're voting for Ron Paul because you think he'll be a better president for hams, I suspect you'll have the same experience as those anti-whaling wedge issue voters.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:37 AM »

Your assuming I would vote for Ron Paul because of my dislike for Romney. Truth is I don't like either but yet I know one must prevail. As it gets closer to the finals hours will each candidate have to prove which one will be most qualified.

Right now....Romney keeps putting his foot in his mouth and thats not good for a president.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: