Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Romney says "Hams are not needed" with agitation.....  (Read 50185 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »

Many enterprises have gone down the tubes because the man in charge had a staff of "yes-men", whose primary focus was in telling the boss what he WANTED to hear instead of what he NEEDED to hear.

And many enterprises or ventures have gone belly up because somebody taps all the equity or capital reserves out of it for personal profit rather than re-investing it in business. This is Romney's trademark.  Take the money and run.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K5OF

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

Hey Governor Romney! Tell that to our Emergency Manager here in Carteret County NC! Ground zero during hurricane Irene August 2011. One of the Net Control operators during that incident at the EOC. Eye of the storm passed directly over us.  Ed K5OF 73! (and I am not sure if the 73! applies to your election efforts).
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:04 PM »

For new those who haven't read the whole thread:
- Romney was answering a question of whether or not the funds should be spent to make public service infrastructure hardened enough to work in case of power outages. I would hope everyone agrees that it should take more than a few seconds of power failure before the situation becomes a communication emergency and they need to call in the hams.
- Romney's campaign has released an official statement recognizing the importance of amateur radio in emergencies. It's not like he's promised to close down either amateur radio or the emcomm portion of it.

Romney is by all indications not going to touch amateur radio, and the people who pushed this story probably already knew that.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »

Romney is by all indications not going to touch amateur radio, and the people who pushed this story probably already knew that.

Romney's position on things changes often and you really cannot take him at his word but rather the history or pattern of his actions. He will say anything to try to get a vote and forget what he said next day.

All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »

ANYBODY will get my vote that is NOT on the CURRENT team in the White house.The FURTHER "RIGHT" the BETTER in my opinion!  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2012, 04:06:56 PM »

ANYBODY will get my vote that is NOT on the CURRENT team in the White house.The FURTHER "RIGHT" the BETTER in my opinion!  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW

Well the "right" got us into this mess and caused the greatest recession since great depression (which was also birthed under GOP) and also brought us $4+ a gallon gas 4 years ago but they never talk about that because they have selective memories and act like it has only happen under current watch. Nor do they tell you that 4 years ago that oil was 140+ a barrel when gas was 4 bucks and that speculators are driving fuel prices higher than they should. Nor to they tell you that oil companies are shutting down a few major refiners this year further driving up fuel prices and profits, not because of current Admin. (they always blame current guy for last ones mess that can take years to clean up)  So "right" is not answer here at but rather something in the middle not the extreme "right" that sees it as their way or no way at all. Is current guy perfect? No but it is the lessor of possible evils here. This is no time for extremist views.  I do love the promises of $2.50/gal and people gullible enough to believe it. They drill for oil at $100 a barrel that they never would for 60 or 70 a barrel. Sure price of fuel "uncomfortable" but producers do not want to take a 30 or 40% pay/revenue cut any more than you do duh....  You want more fuel you will have to pay for it.

LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »

I think you can blame policies on both the right and the left for the current situation. Actually, even some of the ideas which had some bi-partisan support turned out to be bad ideas. Also, while the President of the United States certainly is a powerful position, especially in foreign policy, Democrats actually had a majority in Congress since January 2007, and it's they who actually decide the laws and budgets. Looking at it simplistically, the financial crisis happened with the Democrats in control - but of course the problems had been building for many years with both Bush and Clinton as Presidents.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

Hams must think long and hard before putting a CBer in the White House!
K0HEA

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »

"The ham radio situation helps a great deal,"

Situation Huh?? we are a situation.....
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

Maybe he doen't know what we do to help others !

i won't vote for  him if he doen't know what ham radio is!! maybe he can stay on cber's break one nine for radio check  Grin

Jackie
N4MJG
K0HEA

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »

Theoil companies (rich daddy warbucks... aka GOP) always screw with the gas prices around election time when they are not the party in the White House...

N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

Theoil companies (rich daddy warbucks... aka GOP) always screw with the gas prices around election time when they are not the party in the White House...

That's right!

Then new guy comes in after a while and says "look what I did". BLOODY BOLLOX!

Bottom line is all those that think they know what's going on like those that are so supportive of the next politician keep making the same mistakes on electing the next guy. Their all cut from the same cloth if they make it that far as being a candidate. That's why I don't trust none of them!
N4UED

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »

HE WANT GET MY VOTE . I E-MAILED HIM ABOUT A FEW MONTHS AGO .
HE NOR ANY OF  HIS STAFF ANSWERED MY MESSAGE .
HE JUST WANTS VOTES , THEN HE WILL DO AS HE PLEASES .
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »

Did you email him in all capital letters too? You might have been caught by the spam filter.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2012, 06:30:45 AM »

Isn't it also strange how short a memory they have. We had 4 dollar gas 4 to 5 years ago yet they act like the it is all new guys fault

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: