Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global QSL experiences?  (Read 3598 times)
K3TN

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:40 AM »

I'm nearing the point where I need to have a new batch of tree-killing QSL cards printed up to respond to bureau cards. I noticed I've been receiving a lot of GlobalQSL cards via the buro and when I add up the costs of buying the cards plus the Outgoing QSL Service, GlobalQSL doesn't look all that expensive - and avoids a lot of the hassles of printing labels, packaging the cards up to send to the outgoing service, etc.

But, recent reviews and comments on their user forum seem to indicate some concerns on whether cards actually get sent, or delays in sending, or cards not reaching certain parts of the world. The recent reviews are pretty much of the "The Jury is Still Out" flavor - any other jury votes?

John K3TN
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

I've never used any GlobalQSL cards or services, and the GlobalQSL pages don't actually say it, but I gotta assume that any issue with speed or coverage of buro cards would apply to a GlobalQSL card.

And many interesting parts of the world still don't have any buro service.
N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »

I've been using Global QSL for 3-4 years now. It's been a positive experience. As best as I call tell, cards are reaching their proper destinations. I mainly use Global QSL to answer bureau cards and I do get a lot of those. But I have used the service to send some cards to DX stations -- mainly for 6 meter QSOs and those folks have responded with cards so the service seems to work. I've seen a few of the cards I sent out to bureau stations. Very nice quality printing on my cards.

So far, so good.

73, N4KZ
WS4T

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »

There isn't, by the way, some similar service that will print and mail QSLs directly, is there?

I went to OH0 last August and I have a stack of 20 or so QSLs received directly with green stamps or IRCs. I keep planning to find the ultimate QSL solution to make it easy to print labels and send cards, but I can't find a free second lately between family and work. I wish there was a way to send some money somewhere with a list of QSOs and get direct cards sent out.

Tnx,
Gary, ES1WST
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »

I typically receive a number of GlobalQSL cards in each buro shipment.  Overall it seems to work.  The only concern I've had is that sometimes there's exact duplication (and in one instance, triplication!) of cards.  There are, or course, any number of reasons this could have occurred including:
  -- perhaps someone uploaded the same log twice.
  -- perhaps a gremlin crept into the process.

It's not a hardship for me as I generate enough buro traffic such that I get a Priority Mail box from my sorter every couple months.  So using up valuable postage credits or envelopes isn't an issue in my case.  It could be for others with lesser buro traffic.  However a number of people at various points along the way still have to handle these extra cards, so that can result in extra work for them.  For now though I wouldn't say this is a major inconvenience, though a buro sorter may have another view.

KB4MB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Sorry to jump into this so late - just making sure this company is still in business and working...

It looks like their qsl design program doesn't work so well in win 7 (no gray areas, as mentioned in program, and glitchy printing in program)... 

I need to use because I am not a league member and I want to send some TNX cards to those who sent to me...  Looks like it will be much cheaper to do it this way..

Thanks,
Kris, KB4MB
LX2GT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:08 AM »

Hello,

Switch the windows user interface to Windows 7 Basic (or any not Aero interface) and you will see the gray areas. I had the same issue, and took me ages to figure that one out.

Luc
K3ZL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »

My experience:  Last night I designed and uploaded my QSL design,  paid for 200 blank cards, and as a trial I uploaded 7 DX QSOs in ADIF format all of them were replies to cards I had received through the W3 Buro.   The result are that 2 of the 7 were accepted.  Of the 5 rejected, one of them was acutally a globalqsl user, and they were from Germany, Brazil and Romania, all of which have QSL buros.    The explanation given was "No Active Bureau Or QSL Manager". (As noted, all of the 7 came to me via buros).  On the "Status Of Uploading ADIF" screen, it said: "Number QSL Cards (2) Exceeded Your QSL Printing Balance".  I had paid for 200.   Any explanations for these disappointing results would be greatly appreciated.  Cheers!  K3ZL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: