Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show me an Active Ham Married with Family and Job and I'll show you.....  (Read 9771 times)
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

WA4D's rant is a good example of a post that eham should remove.  It's so over the top that frankly I can not understand why anyone would publish it.  If the author had singled out an ethnic, minority, or religious group for the same treatment, the post would have been pulled immediately.   I say we, as a group with a common interest, deserve the same respect.

On the other hand, it does drive up the hit counter...and with it, the site's bandwidth consumption.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »

I was a lousy husband and father long before I took up amateur radio.  Shocked
  Amateur radio can actually strengthen a marriage!  Every time you buy a new rig or antenna, you just buy her a designer outfit!  It's all just a "balun"cing act!  Smiley

LOL, If I ever get around to putting a tower and beam up it's ok with my wife. I just need to factor in the cost of a roughly $6,500 stove that she wants as part of the deal.

Go ahead and get two stoves. I'll send you my address. Smiley

My wife has her eye on a model like that too. One she's looking at is a nice looking stove but I just have to add in the cost of renovation to the kitchen to make it fit.

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

Amateur radio can actually strengthen a marriage!  Every time you buy a new rig or antenna, you just buy her a designer outfit!  It's all just a "balun"cing act!  Smiley

LOL, If I ever get around to putting a tower and beam up it's ok with my wife. I just need to factor in the cost of a roughly $6,500 stove that she wants as part of the deal.
   Chicken feed!  My other half has been eyeing a $95K Mercedes.  Looks like a shack full of new equipment, a few new beams, and a REALLY big tower...  Is certainly in order! Smiley
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »

Chicken feed!  My other half has been eyeing a $95K Mercedes.  Looks like a shack full of new equipment, a few new beams, and a REALLY big tower...  Is certainly in order! Smiley

ouch, we are trying to save up to get a new inexpensive washer and dryer and then maybe I can afford some coax and wire for a new antenna  Wink
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »

Freedom of speech, people, freedom of speech.  WA4D has a right to his opinion, just like anyone else has.  So it may be a little off the wall, but think about it--in some cases what he says has been proven right.  SOME cases, not all...
W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »

WA4D is a known troll. He has left his ugliness on QRZ many times also. The guy probably has a personality disorder. Ignore him.
SM6XUN

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »

Better get on air than someones nerves.
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 04:18:01 AM »

Hey you kids!!! get off my grass!

I was one of those famous, fabulous husbands, fathers, employee of the month types who went dark during those years.
Why?
Because I was up to my eyeballs in debt I was trying to dig my way out from under.
Did being a hard working wage slave, with mortgages and a family to keep, make me a better human being - I don't think so.
Would having a hobby like ham radio in the car to chat with like minded people taken some of the stress from my life - of course.
Would this have made my commute happier, less stressful and arrive at the office more relaxed and less aggressive - of course.

I now speak with many guys who are in my former position,  but still do ham radio, and they relish the chance to take a break from the relentless grind of trying to make a buck to keep a roof over their familys' heads.
These guys have organised their lives better than I managed to, and their friendly attitude and positive attitude is in no small part due to having a hobby to transport them away from their jobs for just a while.

Of course this thread is a troll thread, but I have always felt that in every situation, no matter how bad it seems, their is always a silver lining, if you look for it.
Remember that even if someone drops a load of bull dung at your feet, such as this thread intended, it can be used as fertiliser in the garden to make flowers grow strong.

73s
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 07:25:05 AM »

It's no wonder why the world--not just ham radio--is going in the direction that it's going in.  All too few people have any sort of tolerance anymore--political correctness and conforming has taken over center seat in way too many places.

WA4D made a statement.  He isn't on this thread arguing with people or making negative comments about anyone.  What this thread is is a discussion about a controversial topic.  It would be the same no matter who started it.  It's way past time some people that frequent here lighten up and stop taking themselves so seriously.  After all, we're in this hobby to have fun--not to brand people.  Go look in a mirror once in a while!

W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »

Google is your friend Smiley Five minutes of research will quickly tell you what his (WA4D) motives are, the kind of Amatuer Radio Operator he is, and the character of his person.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

Google is your friend Smiley Five minutes of research will quickly tell you what his (WA4D) motives are, the kind of Amatuer Radio Operator he is, and the character of his person.

No, not really.  If you look up my callsign, you'll find a lot of garbage there--and all of it from one group of people, started by one anal retentive type who I ticked off somehow, who has a bug up his rear for ANYONE who won't see things his way.  His whole rant against me began with an ARRL election in my section--which is why it got the attention it didn't deserve.  

He also believes his feces aren't odorous, and that he is God's gift to the ham radio community in my area.  And no, I'm not going to stoop to his level and drag his name through the mud like he did to me.

No, you can't rely on the internet to give you any sort of accurate picture of anyone.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:28:22 PM by K1CJS » Logged
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »

QSL
N4ATS

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 06:59:32 AM »

If you place your prospectives in order , you will have a prosperous life..It only works ONE way..

A) GOD
B) Family
C) Work and Play

I do , very much so have a great life including marrage.

1) VERY Active ham plus I repair some 200 radios a month at night after work for AES and www.n4ats.com
2) Married , 25 years , Extremely happy from that point and we still act like we got married yesterday , including the best parts.
3) 3 Kids , one just about has his Doctorate in Genomics (Works at the University of British Columbia) , the other is 4.5 GPA and in his 2nd semester at UCF
4) Compensated VERY well where I work as an RF Engineer in Aerospace and Defense. Same company 29 years.

Life is what you make it , EVERYONE was programmed to be all they can be , some choose a different route......
N2HBX

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »

Poor, old WA4D. Clearly needs more fiber in his diet.

Larry, N2HBX
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »

Poor, old WA4D. Clearly needs more fiber in his diet.

No, no ..... it's poor US for letting him suck us into even commenting on his 'statement.'  It wasn't a rant but simply something to stir up a cow pattie for the smell!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: