Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Radio  (Read 18266 times)
WA4HHG

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »

I've dealt with Universal for probably 20 years.  They are a top flight, honestly run company.  They are a small, privately owned firm and don't have the buying power of an HRO.  They may not always have the lowest price but the service is superb.

KB1CLB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »

>:(I tried purchasing a Yaesu transceiver, antenna tuner, antenna and cable from them about a year ago.  After a week of nothing I called them to find out where my order was.  It hadn't even been processed yet.  The salesman I spoke with got huffy and said "so cancel the order," and I did.  No more Universal Radio for me - ever!
AUSSIE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »

I had an account with Universal Radio for a long time but they dont ship anymore to australia do have accounts with Grove,Ham Radio Outlet,Scannermaster usually shipping takes around 7 working days very happy to give them business..

Regards Lino..
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »

>:(I tried purchasing a Yaesu transceiver, antenna tuner, antenna and cable from them about a year ago.  After a week of nothing I called them to find out where my order was.  It hadn't even been processed yet.  The salesman I spoke with got huffy and said "so cancel the order," and I did.  No more Universal Radio for me - ever!

Sales people are normally the most motivated people in a company, by both nature and design.
Whenever I encounter a company with surly or uninspired sales people I feel that company has a problem.
Remember - if you have a good experience, you may tell one other guy - a bad experience gets told to dozens.

73 - Rob
KD8GTP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »

I have bought everything from connectors to a FT897 from them with no problems.  Service was good and item shipped fast !  A true Christian oufit indeed, many thanks to them.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »

I have bought everything from connectors to a FT897 from them with no problems.  Service was good and item shipped fast !  A true Christian oufit indeed, many thanks to them.

What does "Christian" have to do with it?  You know how many Christians there are in jail?

Gene
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »

Anytime someone even mentions christian in relation to a business, I run like hell. Almost always guaranteed to be a rip off.

That being said, I've done business with Universal Radio several times and everything was top notch.
The cat bio stuff on their web site is cute but I've never seen anywhere where they try to reel in business with the "christian owned" bait.

Don N4TTS

<clip>
A true Christian oufit indeed,
<clip>
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

hi,

I recall from another forum, a guy was not happy with
his existing phone company and claimed to have
taken his account to a Christian Phone Company!

73 james
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »

I live 90 miles from Universal and I am in there quite often. They have always treated me nicely. They have room out back for semi-truck parking, so that is a big plus for me. I have also been able to get by the HRO in Delaware on a regular basis because of a route that I sometimes run through there. I have always been treated well there too.
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »

>:(I tried purchasing a Yaesu transceiver, antenna tuner, antenna and cable from them about a year ago.  After a week of nothing I called them to find out where my order was.  It hadn't even been processed yet.  The salesman I spoke with got huffy and said "so cancel the order," and I did.  No more Universal Radio for me - ever!

Im just curious, were they out of stock on something? Or did you just get all bent out of shape because they didnt ship your order 5 seconds after you placed the order? They do ship a lot of freight out of there...
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: