Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deliberate jamming a DXpedition  (Read 6032 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »

A turd is a turd. So long as there is the anonymity of the ether to hide behind and the FCC and similar authorities worldwide are not capable or careable enough to search and destroy the A-holes that do this, we're going to have 'floaters in the bowl'. Such is life in the DX'ing world.

I say if someone is caught doing this, they should be strip naked, dipped in honey and tied out over an ant mound in the desert. Worked well for the Apache and other Indian tribes. Least while they are out in the sun playing with the ants, they won't be on the radio screwing with us!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:46:12 PM by W5DQ » Logged

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »

My 2010 DXpedition to Iraq as YI9PSE and our 2011 DXpedition to South Sudan as ST0R were heavily jammed, particularly during the first week. Our receive freq's were also jammed so it was difficult to hear the many callers. There are various theories as to who does it and why it happens. Some continents get upset when you ask them to stand-by so that you can work further away continents when propagation allows. It seems that there is much immaturity in amateur radio and less Ham-Spirit than we would all like.

Paul N6PSE

Paul,

Your team did a top notch job despite the QRM and jerks galore. Glad to have been able to work you and thanks for the QSLs. I'm looking forward to your next adventure.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

A turd is a turd. So long as there is the anonymity of the ether to hide behind and the FCC and similar authories worldwide are not capable or careable enough to search and destroy the A-holes that do this, we're going to have 'floaters in the bowl'. Such is life in the DX'ing world.

I say if someone is caught doing this, they should be strip naked, dipped in honey and tied out over an ant mound in the desert. Worked well for the Apache and other Indian tribes. Least while they are out in the sun playing with the ants, they won't be on the radio screwing with us!
   I hear ya!  Remember how we dealt with those carrier chuckers, music players, and gooney bird throwers, back in the good old CB days?   That's right, Antenna Wars!!!  Time to get out the loop antenna, the rope, the lassos, and the pick up truck!!!
K5JZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:14 AM »

My 2010 DXpedition to Iraq as YI9PSE and our 2011 DXpedition to South Sudan as ST0R were heavily jammed, particularly during the first week. Our receive freq's were also jammed so it was difficult to hear the many callers. There are various theories as to who does it and why it happens. Some continents get upset when you ask them to stand-by so that you can work further away continents when propagation allows. It seems that there is much immaturity in amateur radio and less Ham-Spirit than we would all like.

Paul N6PSE

Your group is a class act my friend. Outstanding logistics and outstanding operators. Thank you and your entire team... and thank you for the DVD that arrived yesterday! That was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise!

George K5JZ
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 08:31:39 AM »

If you're only a "modest" station I'd say just worry about getting in the log once this week then let the guys in JA and the harder paths get their fill. We bitch like mad when that guy with his feet dangling off the rocks on Scarborough sits there and runs JA and EU all day and all night while we fight for the table scraps. Now's your chance to pay it forward. Get your one or two when the band is only open to NA and don't worry about the other stuff for a few days; until things calm down a bit.

If your only a modest station?HuhHuh

How about if you have ANY station just worry about getting in the once this week and let the guys ..............?

I guess that would require characteristics apparently not found in those with non-modest station.

How about you guys with non modest stations hold off a little after you have your one or two and let the guys with the modest stations get a couple?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

I've got a modest station and have worked them on 3 bands....It ain't that tough (at least for Stateside).....
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »

If you're only a "modest" station I'd say just worry about getting in the log once this week then let the guys in JA and the harder paths get their fill. We bitch like mad when that guy with his feet dangling off the rocks on Scarborough sits there and runs JA and EU all day and all night while we fight for the table scraps. Now's your chance to pay it forward. Get your one or two when the band is only open to NA and don't worry about the other stuff for a few days; until things calm down a bit.

How about if you have ANY station just worry about getting in the once this week and let the guys ..............?

I guess that would require characteristics apparently not found in those with non-modest station.

How about you guys with non modest stations hold off a little after you have your one or two and let the guys with the modest stations get a couple?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

I've got a modest station and have worked them on 3 bands....It ain't that tough (at least for Stateside).....

Congrats, nice job! - I have no doubt that just about ant NA station from kilowatt to miliwatt will have a QSO before its over.

I was just commenting on the (as a politician has recently coined) pious baloney that modest stations should somehow QRT after a QSO or 2 and let others get a QSO in, meanwhile those with larger than modest stations, I assume, can continue to make all the QSO's they want filing in their band, mode, and band-mode slots. Which is odd since they should be able to make a QSO anytime they want - I guess they are worried if the DXpedition QRTs early  - they might not get their 39 QSO's in.

Personally I think all of us should QRT if we have a couple QSO's in and allow those with smaller stations and those with on other continents with limited openings get as many shots as possible. I just don't think the DX'er community as a whole has that much has that much character.

Wouldn't be a great example if the NA DX'ers did just that and set an example for the rest of the world?  Whoa - I must have taken 1 too many peyote buttons! (just kidding of course!)

Whatever you do - good luck on getting a new one from a really rare entity!
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 05:22:51 AM »

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Wouldn't be a great example if the NA DX'ers did just that and set an example for the rest of the world?

In light of the VK0TH post, maybe its not such a stupid idea after all.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »

This happens EVERY day.Nothing new & it will NEVER stop because it's almost impossible too find them.MORONS in EVERYTHING these days so just make the best of whatever you can get.They have too sleep & die sometime so maybe it will happen SOONER than LATER for these we speak of! Huh

Clayton
W4KVW
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »

It happened to the VP6T on 40m tonight.  Some brain dead lid started out saying long Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's then sounded like he was rubbing the mic on his crotch.  Get a blow up doll and leave us to work these rare DX stations.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 05:51:02 AM »

Deliberate QRM (DQRM) is definitely getting worse. It's been around for some time: I particularly noticed it when I was active on 160: it tended to come from middle Europe because they couldn't work the DX so made sure nobody else could. One would like to heave a hand grenade into their station while they're doing it......
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »

Deliberate QRM (DQRM) is definitely getting worse. It's been around for some time: I particularly noticed it when I was active on 160: it tended to come from middle Europe because they couldn't work the DX so made sure nobody else could. One would like to heave a hand grenade into their station while they're doing it......

I prefer the terminated coax vampire tap just beyond the egress.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 09:29:23 AM »

An old pine stump, a big staple, a rusty knife, a cup of gasoline and a match. SOUTHERN REDNECK JUSTICE Angry  Kinda gives him that high pitched voice when/if he is QRV again. (Helluva thing for a Liberal like me to say, huh?  Embarrassed )
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:35:52 AM by AF3Y » Logged
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »

I prefer the terminated coax vampire tap just beyond the egress.

And then pray they fire up that 10KW Amp they are using to QRM everyone with. Ooooooh, what pretty fireworks!! Cheesy
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »

My Linksys router reads the spots before I do, and puts birdies on the DX. 10.121.7, 24.904, 14.030, etc.

KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »

How's about ARRL's Woulf Hong with a MK19 grenade launcher.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: