Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1MAN loses part of the court case  (Read 5966 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »

http://www.arrl.org/news/us-district-court-for-maine-issues-order-granting-summary-judgment-against-glenn-baxter-k1man

The court found for the FCC for two charges and gave summary judgement fo $10,000.

What happens now - do they send in bailiffs?

The charge of a pecuniary interest Baxter won - the evidence presented looked almost amateur to my mind, though.
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »

He didn't "win" anything.  The court just decided that the "pecuniary interest" charge presents an issue to be decided at trial, while the "failure to respond" issues don't depend upon any facts in question and entitle the government to its claims without need for a trial (i.e., via summary judgment). 

Neil N3DF
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:56:58 AM »

Will he die of old age before they collect and finally withdraw his licence?
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »

Will he die of old age before they collect and finally withdraw his licence?

One can hope NOT!  Angry  If I had pulled half the craphe has done, I'd already have been in jail for a long time. Not sure what kind of clout and money he has to fight this but makes one think he could easily afford the $10K fine.

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »

I once did an interview for Amateur Radio newsline where I referred to 'baby broadcasters on 14275'. I subsequentlly got some rude mentions in a K1MAN 'baby broadcast' - in the same one as he insulted K1ZZ as well, so I figure I'm in good company!

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »

Just think--all the antics that he has pulled over the years, combined with any antics he may still be pulling is going to get him a lot of grief when the courts finally do find in favor of the FCC.  It will probably be that Baxter will be barred from any sort of radio transmitting useage for the rest of his life--and probably when reincarnated too!   Grin
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »

>when the courts finally do find in favor of the FCC.<

Whenever this may be......

One is minded of the 16th century German hymn

The mills of God grind slowly
But they grind exceeding small.

But at the present rate, Baxter will have succumbed to old age.
W1GOR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »

I found this information on QRZ.COM... Jan 14, 2012

It finally happened to K1MAN..!  And, it’s about time..!

Callsigns that will be forfeited within the next 30 days, by call area: (from QRZ.COM)

K1MAN   2005-10-17  GLENN A BAXTER, BELGRADE LAKES, ME

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 03:36:46 AM »

Taken long enough.

I wonder if anyone will ever ask for it as a vanity call?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »

Taken long enough.

I wonder if anyone will ever ask for it as a vanity call?

After the tarnishing that call has taken, I doubt if anyone will want to take it.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »

About as cool as watching reality TV jerks, in my view.

Vince
WB3JOK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »

I don't think he's gotten the message yet...
http://myrockport.com/MotionForLeave.pdf
W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »

I don't think he's gotten the message yet...
http://myrockport.com/MotionForLeave.pdf

I don't think he ever will.  He is broadcasting again. 5/9 into North Dakota on 14.275 on 2/4/2012
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 06:23:46 AM »

Oh, he'll get the message all right.  One day a federal representative will knock on his door and present him with a set of dinty bracelets, and after having him put them on will tell him that he has to visit some substandard housing for a while.  In the meantime, every piece of his equipment will be confiscated and gotten rid of.

Finally, when he gets out--if he gets out--he'll have a warning issued to him that if he ever touches a transmitter again, he'll go back to that housing--and this time for good.

A man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client.  It seems that Baxter is willing to be the factual proof of that statement.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »

Oh, he'll get the message all right.  One day a federal representative will knock on his door and present him with a set of dinty bracelets, and after having him put them on will tell him that he has to visit some substandard housing for a while.  In the meantime, every piece of his equipment will be confiscated and gotten rid of.

Finally, when he gets out--if he gets out--he'll have a warning issued to him that if he ever touches a transmitter again, he'll go back to that housing--and this time for good.

A man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client.  It seems that Baxter is willing to be the factual proof of that statement.

Would be nice, but nobody will ever be thrown in jail forever because they broke an FCC law.

Also,I had no idea he was countersuing the government for $50M. What a lunatic.

And yeah he's broadcasting as we speak. Maybe everyone should give their radios a weekly tune-up on 14.275....

(yeah yeah I know..interfering w/ his broadcast is as illegal as the broadcast itself etc so forth)

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: