Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos of my new Hex Beam installation  (Read 5458 times)
W6UX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:52 AM »

Dave, I'll send you an e-mail.
W5PUG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »

I remember almost 10 years ago when I put my new Hexbeam up on a 36 foot push-up mast and hooked up the coax.

The signals just JUMPED out of the radio.  Tried a Mosely TA-32 Jr before this, and the Hex was so superior, it blew me away.  Breaking pileups with 700 watts?  Wow!

Hope you have as much fun as I did.  Now, I'm stuck in a deed restricted house.  But I'm saving for that 100 foot tower with stacked tribanders.....some day....

Enjoy the new world this opens up for you.  After I got mine, I bought an old linear and had amazing fun until life circumstances changed.  (sigh)
K3LJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »

Congradulations on your Hexbeam and mast installation, looks great. Thanks for the qso the other day, your set up sounds great as well.

I'll be looking for you again further down the log.

73,  Len  K3LJ
ES1TU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:23 AM »

Jeff, awesome work!

Going above 37ft with such a lightweight mast from ground is almost impossible. That's why I installed my 2el wire beam with similar alu-telescoping mast to the roof of my house.
This puts my 2el 48ft above ground and gives me those precious additional 2db of gain compared to 37ft.

Again - thanks for the splendid photos. I'm sure it inspires tens of hams to move from their verticals and dipoles to 2el rotatable wire beams.
Hopefully some of them are in US counties I have'nt worked yet (because of lack of signal from mediocre antennas).

Hope to work you on 20m later in the spring when W6 opens up for ES1.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: