Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio to text software.  (Read 2545 times)
AC8MS

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »

Could someone please recommend a voice to text program that is simple to install and use? I live in a county of 400,000. Our local ARES group maintains a linked 2m system that gives good county wide coverage and, thanks to W8FSM can be listened to online. I've talked to enough people to know that  during a Skywarn, public service or emergency net many potential emergency responders listen to us online. Emergency rooms, schools, and fire stations  are among them. Is there a program that will allow you to convert the audio, as it is streamed online to a text file that can be maintained as a permanent record? This would allow someone who was away from the desk to stay up on what's happening. Would it be possible to use an Android or Iphone to do this as well?

Also, what program do you suggest I use to convert audio to text directly off the air? I haven't used the computer for for much beyond browsing and email until recently, so KISS is good but I'll tackle whatever I need to. I need to learn more about computers.

73, Mark K9DDR
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:04 AM »

I do not think this is going to be possible. While there is some good voice to text programs out there the problem is they are not very adaptive meaning they cannot smoothly handle a lot of different voice types and varying speed than may be at. They generally work best when they learn single users voice and they speak to it in a consistent manor.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »

Why no talk to there pepolewww.rowetel.com checkout codec-2 first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: