Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was my post deleted  (Read 23682 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »

AC5UP sometimes has strong opinions and I don't always agree with him, but I don't see why any of his posts would have to be deleted. Most of his posts are way more factual than opinion based anyway.

Maybe someone took a dig at a design of a 50 year old radio, as a personal attack? I hope not. Even new rigs have their flaws and there's no need to feel insulted as an owner.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »

Since last spring I've postulated that like the migration of salmon, a Heathshkit must return to the landfill of its birth before it can die.....

*   I've also claimed that Heathshkit is the Chippewa word for  " throw in dumpster "

*   The Ham station in Hell (where the bands are never open) is 100% Benton Harbor Green

*   The difference between a HazWaste-101 and a hemorrhoid is.......            Hemorrhoids don't drift

*   Technicians upgrading to General want a Heathshkit as their first HF rig since that guarantees their next rig will be better

This is one of my favorites:   http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,79910.msg564358.html#msg564358

But aside from that, there have been some humorous comments.....................   Grin

Never change a password on a Friday                
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 05:35:22 AM »

Speaking of such, 'SDY, almost ALL of YOUR posts ought to be removed from everywhere on this site if the intent is to eliminate off topic and insulting posts.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »

As we can see, this not about a single post by a single member, but about improving the entire atmosphere of the eHam.net site for everyone involved. To do that, we need published specific rules and fair and equal enforcement of those rules!  Wink

By the way, does anyone know what this poor fellow is so angry about? I would like to help him if I could.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:52:41 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »

Hmmm, why would he have a problem with your passive-aggressive postings that frequently target him?  If you're so concerned about the "entire atmosphere of eHam", I suggest looking in a mirror.  Ok, now flame away.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »

Are you still mad about that "Bolt Spacing" string on "Antennas and More," when the engineers and professionals that actually install towers for a living agreed with my position, instead of yours? Man, that was back in July of last year! Some of these hams on eHam.net sure hold a grudge for a long time over nothing and stalk forever to get even! Shocked

If it will help, I apologize to both of for any embarrassment I may have caused.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:47:02 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »

Your still mad about that "Bolt Spacing" string on "Antennas and More" when the engineers and professionals that actually install towers for a living agreed with my position, instead of yours? Man, that was back in July of last year! Some of these hams on eHam.net sure hold a grudge for long time and then stalk others to get even! Shocked

If it will help, I apologize to you both for any embarrassment you think I may have caused you.  Smiley

I can't get any of those links to work.
VK2FXXX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »

I can't get any of those links to work.
Cheesy
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 05:38:20 AM »

No, 'SDY, I'm not still mad about anything.  When you, however, attack perple personally when you don't even know anything about them--including where and for whom they worked and what they're past experiences are, as you did to me, people are bound to remember what you said on this forum.

Your reputation precedes you--thence the comments that were made here about you.  Further, you never apologise (except for the one post here--which I doubt is sincere) for anything you say--and are proved wrong about, and that just adds to that reputation.

Yes, I've made my mistakes too.  When I do, I own up to them.  You would be wise to do likewise.  Now, I'm not going to stir this pot anymore since I've had my say.  73 to everyone--and I do mean everyone.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »

"When you, however, attack perple ( perple? Are you talking about people or a color? I actually like purple.) personally when you don't even know anything about them-including where and for whom they worked and what they're past experiences are, as you did to me, people are bound to remember what you said on this forum."  

Would you be so kind as to give us some specific examples of your comments? Are you saying you don't feel properly acknowledged as a person and that others are out to get you?  Shocked

If I have done anything to make you feel this way, I surely apologize again and will try to take your inner feelings into account in the future.  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:44:19 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »

Now play nice, guys. This wasn't a thread to bitch and moan about others. This was a thread about excessive moderation and censorship, which likely got to the point.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 04:07:14 AM »

You're right--my apologies.  I should have know better than to try being reasonable.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:12:02 AM by K1CJS » Logged
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »

Enough examples, now back to the main issue! Notice that after I stated what has been needed on eHam.net are specific rules published on the front page of the site and equal and fair enforcement of those rules. Adding to that, the fact that inconsistent discipline does not yield the desired results, but instead encourages bad behavior. Finally, after having supplied some comparative worse behavior that was not dealt with in the same way as the original poster's, the Administrator has declined to make any more comments!  Wink

I think that this is very telling and sad. It means we will most likely never experience an improved neighborly atmosphere on eHam.net.  Cry
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:18:02 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

...we will most likely never experience an improved neighborly atmosphere on eHam.net.  Cry

Just MHO, but if you want a neighborly atmosphere here, just start trying to make EVERY post a positive one.  Be nice, be pleasant, be neighborly.  And encourage others to do likewise.  That's ALL it takes.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »

As we can see, this not about a single post by a single member, but about improving the entire atmosphere of the eHam.net site for everyone involved. To do that, we need published specific rules and fair and equal enforcement of those rules!  Wink

By the way, does anyone know what this poor fellow is so angry about? I would like to help him if I could.  Smiley

50 years ago a guy building a heathkit had to have some thick skin when the uppity collins folks types made deragatory remarks about his choices or budget. Today it's no different.

I know we are supposed to be more politically correct and not make dumb ethnic jokes, and dumb heathkit jokes aren't much different, but we all put up with this sort of stuff when we were kids on the school playground, I'm sure we can deal with it here without censorship today.

Heck, when I was a kid, it was dumb polish jokes, and I have that ancestry. I own heathkits and like to think that as a result I can appreciate dumb heathkit jokes better than the average guy :-)

And when I feel that way... I'd like to think I could make posts about ricebox rigs. Or YaeComWood rigs. I know they're prominently featured in every advertiser's ad.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:17:16 AM by N3QE » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: