Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was my post deleted  (Read 24236 times)
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »

"Just my HMO, but if you want a neighborly atmosphere here, just start by making EVERY post a positive one."
This is a wonderful idea, but it is not reality. That is why we are having this discussion!  Wink

"I am sure that we can deal with it here without censorship today."
Another wonderful idea, but it is not reality either. We do have censorship on eHam.net renamed "moderation." The question is, why is it not being applied equally and fair with specific rules that everyone can read and follow.  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:12:16 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 03:46:31 PM »

"... if you want a neighborly atmosphere here, just start by making EVERY post a positive one."
 We do have censorship on eHam.net renamed "moderation." The question is, why is it not being

OK, you obviously either didn't get what I was saying, or you aren't interested in trying it. 

Want me to explain it again?

AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pissing+contest

Never change a password on a Friday                
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »

Troublemaker.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »

You know me too well..............    Roll Eyes

Never change a password on a Friday                
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:29 AM »

If you are serious about solving a problem, you have to identify the actual cause. Failure to do that results in a continuous repetition of the undesired results.  Wink

You need to stay focused on the "moderation" issue, unless you just want more of the same bad behavior.  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:23:04 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

If you are serious about solving a problem, you have to identify the actual cause. Failure to do that results in a continuous repetition of the undesired results.  Wink

You need to stay focused on the "moderation" issue, unless you just want more of the same bad behavior.  Undecided

I do not know what pissing contests get excess moderation, whether it is with you or others. In the case of AC5UP, there was no pissing contest, and it was informative dialogue regarding HW-101 and AGC problems. Unfortunately, the entire post was deleted instead of maybe the portion that was offensive. And even was offensive part, was more sarcasm. There was no need for deletion.

As far as the pissing contests and make calling, they do delete those types of posts frequently, and I do not have a problem with that. A lot of name calling and verbal abuse is contained within those threads, and they do nothing but alienate other. I am not blaming you or anyone else. But as I said, the AC5UP issue was a whole different ballgame, and it treads on dangerous grounds, especially when it happened during the SOPA "black label" day.

I would bury this thread as I think it has made it's point.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »

"There was no need for deletion."
How can you make that judgement if there are no specific rules that users can read and assess what would be fair and equal treatment of AC5UP's post? Again, this is a much larger issue than a single post or even a whole thread that was removed. Entire threads have been removed before. What is the rule for that and where do we read it.?  Undecided

I don't think we should "bury this thread" until there is a resolution and an improvement in the moderation process. Otherwise, a few months from now, the same people will be back complaining about the same thing! If the issue is resolved, it will actually make it easier on the moderator! Wink  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:46:43 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »

"There was no need for deletion."

How can you make that judgement if there are no specific rules that users can read and assess what would be fair and equal treatment of AC5UP's post? Again, this is a much larger issue than a single post or even a whole thread that was removed. Entire threads have been removed before. What is the rule for that and where do we read it.?  Undecided

I don't think we should "bury this thread" until there is a resolution and an improvement in the moderation process. Otherwise, a few months from now, the same people will be back complaining about the same thing! If the issue is resolved, it will actually make it easier on the moderatorWink  

I made a judgement based on there was not offensive comment intended to one specific individual. He has always used colorful examples when talking about Heathkit.

The moderation process is really up to the staff and owners of the site. We may agree that we need better discretion and rules, but ultimately, there is no freedom of speech here because it is their own forum, and they could really do whatever they want.

The only thing we should do is try and to correct they flaws of moderation, and hope they take it under advisement. But as I said, they don't have to do squat.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »

"I made a judgement based on there was not offensive comment intended to one specific individual."
Where is that rule posted officially and who made it up? This site, indeed this string, is made up of comments that are "offensive to one specific individual," for one reason or another. In other words, this is your opinion, that carries no weight under the current situation as an individual. If you don't want it continuously repeated you have to request, as a group, that the parameters which caused it to be removed are changed.  Wink

"The moderation process is really up to the staff and owners of the site."
I covered this obvious point again just two postings ago and throughout my comments! Wink

"The only thing we should do is try and to correct they flaws of moderation, and hope they take it under advisement. But as I said, they don't have to do squat."
Bingo! Unless a group of members with a specific goal that is good for everyone wants it, nothing will be changed. You are wasting your time complaining about it. However, history has taught us that the owner or owners of eHam.net are more likely to listen and change things when a large group of members request it!  Grin

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:43:10 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 05:03:26 AM »

OMG. You are being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I am not even arguing with you, and you are nitpicking every word I write for no reason other than that is what you do.

Just let it go.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:32 AM »

Actually, I am trying to lead you to a permanent solution to an ongoing problem. The question is, are you and your group going to join together with others and loudly and repeatedly ask for change in the moderation process or just gripe a little and continue to be treated in the same way?  Undecided
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »

Actually, I am trying to lead you to a permanent solution to an ongoing problem. The question is, are you and your group going to join together with others and loudly and repeatedly ask for change in the moderation process or just gripe a little and continue to be treated in the same way?  Undecided

The solutions up to the owners of this forum and there is not a damn thing we can do about it except to leave. The bottom like is, they could do whatever the hell they want, and there is nothing we can do except bitch and moan.

And I am NOT the leader of any group.

Sometimes, it is just not worth the breath. Just let it go.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:23 AM »

If you are not willing to help yourself or others with this problem why don't you take your own advice and quit posting? I don't think cursing is adding anything productive to the discussion.  Wink

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:03:36 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 07:04:23 AM »

If you are not willing to help yourself or others with this problem why don't you take your own advice and quit posting? I don't think cursing is adding anything productive.

I'll do you one better. You are the first person ever since I have been on this forum, that I will use the "ignore" button.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: