Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouxun for 220?  (Read 4865 times)
KB8WPD

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »

Well I was all set to buy a pair of Alinco HTs for 1.25m but I came across the Wouxun and I have to say I love the ability to monitor 2m while operating on 1.25.  I decided on Yaesus for my 2m/70cm HTs but at least with the dual band capability of the Wouxuns, I would have 4 HTs that could all talk to each other if needed.  So, help me out...should I try the Wouxuns or just stick with the Alincos?  I know we aren't talking the quality of the big three, but for the most part, they seem to have abandoned 1.25 anyway. 
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »

Nowt wrong with Wouxuns, my 4 metre one is excellent (Apart from the S meter, but show me a HT with an honest S meter)
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »

Hello KB8WPD, I have a Wouxun dual band (2m/70cm) that I have been using for a couple of years now. It is an excellent HT and I have experienced no problems with it. It is easy to program using the free program software. The accessories are very inexpensive.

For more information read the Eham reviews, and I believe there is a review in QST, but I do not remember which month. I would put my Wouxun up against any of the big three feature for feature, and for $100.00 you can't go wrong. They also have fantastic service if you ever need it.

This is my opinion of the Wouxun.

73s

K2OWK
AB9SW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:06 AM »

Hello, I have had a Wouxun UVD1P 2M/1.25M HT for 5 months now and I am happy with it. It took me about 4 days of occasional use to get the hang of it, the user manual could be improved on. I replaced the original antenna with a Diamond SRH320A and it had noticeable improvement in range.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »

I hope your experience with the Wouxon will be different if you get one.  I did get one, and the thing was unuseable right out of the box.  Wouldn't even turn on.  Returned it and got a full refund--that was the best part of the experience I had.  73!
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »

I think I will try the new Alinco 220/900 HT instead of one of the waxonwaxoff radios.
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »

I had an Alinco dj-296 from new, it was ok but did have to be repaired under warranty.  Since then I purchased a Wouxun 2 meter 440 ht and the 220 version.  Both are good ht's and at $109 delivered what's not to love.  The li-on battery and drop in charger, programming cable with software all included.  Not to mention an 18 month warranty with north American support.  Works for me.  Cheers.  Scott.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 05:46:32 AM »

I think I will try the new Alinco 220/900 HT instead of one of the waxonwaxoff radios.

You own me a keyboard!  I sprayed the morning coffee all over the one I have when I read that!  73!
AD1DX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »

Almost every single ham that I know is very happy with the Woxun-you can't beat the
price.It's an inexpensive way to get on 220 or 2m or 440 for that matter.

Ceasar
KB8WPD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

I think I have been convinced to give them a shot.  At the price its not a big risk and at the very least they can make a decent back up radio I can leave in the truck.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:50:33 AM »

Everyone here that has bought a Wouxon has liked it and it is currently a top seller at the AES store. When you buy the radio, the instructions that come with it tell you how to turn it on! All portable electronic devices must have properly installed and fully charged batteries to operate. If you have a problem, just take it back to the supplier and get some help or a replacement.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:35:16 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 10:39:40 AM »

I have the Wouxun KG-UV2D and absolutely love it. It is a fantastic radio for the price. It is unfortunate for those that had problems with them or got one that didn't work right out of the box but tell me of a manufacturer that don't have a lemon come through the line every now and then? You wont find one. I have owned a little of almost all the major brands over the years and I have had my share of problems with each of them but more good than bad.

I don't think you will go wrong with a Wouxun.
AB4O

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »

Love my wouxun 2m/220 ht. Just make sure you get the programming cable. Best $15 I have ever spent. Very rugged and the battery just lasts and lasts. I also replaced my antenna with the Diamond.
W4LGC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

If you're not just into "Cheap", support Alinco, or any other quality manufacturer that does not thrive by stealing technology from the innovative companies that brought high-tech equipment to us. Others you might support would be Yaesu, Kenwood, ICOM, etc. (Don't reward Chinese technology thieves Angry)

Buy from the innovators of our industry.
(Please do not support communist Chinese technology thieves)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: