Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Directive System DS50-4 6M yagi owners out there?  (Read 2967 times)
N8FNR

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »

I am considering putting up a Directive System DS50-4 on the eve of my house and turning it with a TV rotor.

http://www.directivesystems.com/PDF/DS50-4.PDF

Are there any Directive System DS50-4 owners here and if so what do you think of the build and performance of this antenna?

Zack
N8FNR

KO1D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »

Anything made by Directive Systems is fantastic. Worked with a friend in Northern VA to put up a complete 6-1.2GHz stack on a  tower a few years back. Directions were so easy even we (three guys doing labor and one management type) could do it! They worked really well and tolerated lots of bad ice and snow.

Mine will go up on my raise ranch house this spring. (Bought it used from a guy who had it a couple years on a laundry mast.) I am up on a 400ft+/- ASL hill that will take a lot of wind abuse as its higher than most everything around it. So give me a year or so and will tell ya how it does when not in a hole. Smiley

KO1D
N8FNR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have worked 111 grids with stacked/phased loops made by KB6KQ but have taken them down and will replace them with a 50-4. Also bought a Elecraft KPA500 and that should help a bit with my Flex-5000 and the 50-4.

Going to put the loops up on ebay as I no longer have a need for them.

Now I just wish that more hams would reply to my QSL requests so that I can get my VUCC!

Zack
N8FNR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: