Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working with Electronics  (Read 3578 times)
KD6KWZ

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

Do any of you out there ever feel like this pie graph shows?

http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/2012/01/25/white-trash-repairs-so-much-for-efficiency/

WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »

All the time!
ND6P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

I've seen screws disappear, never to be found again ...
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »

Where is the pie section for getting the you know what shocked out of you?  Shocked
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:48 AM »

Screws, small parts, etc.--all the same.  The really funny part is how you find that screw or small part AFTER you've gone and gotten a replacement!
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »

I've seen screws disappear, never to be found again ...

I usually just chalk those up to quantum mechanics.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »

What's worse is to reassemble something and when you get to the point that you need
three screws, the three you have left are too short.  The problem is now where did you put
the three longer screws you need.  Murphy's Law says you will have to take all the screws out
before you find the missing ones and then you will lose one or two of those before you get
the device reassembled again.   

Allen
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »

Actually, finding the lost parts can work to your advantage. After more than 60 years of repairing things, my father figured he had enough leftover parts to make two or three new state-of-the-art radios....
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »

I'm wondering if there is some sort of spacetime disturbance in my basement shop.  Where do those screws go?  Perhaps the same place as the socks that disappear when doing laundry.

Vince
M0HCN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »

Pretty sure the washing machine is involved with the socks thing but probably not with the screws.

Mind you, I will see you screws and raise you anything in an SC-70 package, I never buy less then 25 because that way I might not loose all of them before getting the board soldered up, 0201 resistors are also unfunny this way.

What I want to know is what happens to my small screwdrivers, I have bought that many over the years that I should have NO problem locating any number of the things, anywhere in the house.......

There must be some sort of macro scale quantum effect going on.

Regards, Dan.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 03:46:48 AM »

Somewhere out there in the universe, there is a planet full of odd socks, various screws and nuts, small tools, miniature and not so miniature components, ball point pens and the like that the planet's inhabitants have purloined through carefully manipulated holes in space time. The planet is called 'Kleptoman' and the inhabitants are called 'Kleptomaniacs'.
KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »

The cats' vortex sucks that stuff along as the cats jump between space-time portals.  Grin
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »

Retrieving dropped screws or parts down into a piece of gear has never been a major problem for me.  A problem? Yes, but not major.  My MAJOR problem is what happens to the stuff that goes "sproiiinnnngggg" when the screw is removed!
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »

I am always looking for a nut or screw I dropped in the carpet. Every project at LEAST once! It would rarely be a component though.

a planet full of odd socks
Years ago when my daughter and her daughter (about 2 yrs. old) moved in with us, my wife went through a couple large shopping bags of socks they had. I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 200 socks. There was NOT ONE matched pair! We couldn't believe it!!
Good thing she didn't have TWINS!! Grin
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 04:25:35 AM »

Yeah, but just think--if she would have had twins--and they had lost at least one each of a paired pair of socks (don't mothers still love to dress their twins alike?) you would have had one pair of every paired pair of socks left.  Although the twins wouldn't have been dressed alike anymore....  And until one sock of THOSE pair of socks got lost!   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: